PDA

View Full Version : 1st Post

mushoot
05-28-2011, 04:56 PM
I just ordered my first Kahr, a CM9 from Bud's guns. Will the 7 round mag for a PM9 work with it? If not where can I order some more 6 rounders? Pro Mags are a no go. I would like factory or MEG GAR. What holser should I order? Thanks for helping a newbie. John

Tmygun
05-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Hey, mushoot, this is my first post too. I too just ordered a CM9 from Bud's today:).
I was told that there is some preperation required on a new Kahr before taking it to the range. Can anyone elaborate on that?
I am familiar with many types of firearms: Glocks, S&W's, Rugers, etc., but this is my first Kahr.
Thanks for any and all help.

Tmygun:D

jocko
05-28-2011, 05:29 PM
buy only kahr magazines PERIOD. I would passon that 7 round PM magazine, not only is it butt ugly, but it is butt ugly. but yes it will work. buy another 6 roound magazine, they never give any issues, Some have had reliability issues withthe 7 round magazines. U bought this gun for concealability,s o stick with the flush fit 6 round magazine. The kahr PM9 6 round magazine is the same as ur cm9.

both of u new kahr owners should visit the kahr tech section and hit on two great stickys

#1 kahr lube chart

#2 propper prepping of ur new kahr

both will get ur cm9 running right and the first outting will be a good one. This cm9 is the nicest gun kahr has put out . We have so so many here who have bought them and we have yet to have any issues with this cm9.

There is really no more prep reqyired in buying a kahr than any other semi, but these two sticky's have given the owners some good insight into their kahrs before ever firing that first round. PLEASE DO READ THE OWNERS MANUAL is is not like most owners manual, there are some must do's and must don't in that manual that u need to know first hand.

Tmygun
05-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the help. I've read both posts and will follow those prep directions to a T.

Tmygun

Willieboy
05-28-2011, 07:06 PM
Welcome guys. Jocko is the resident technical guy here and I always read his posts to learn the good stuff. I'm sure your new CM9s will serve you well.

CJB
05-28-2011, 07:31 PM
welcome!~

JimBianchi
05-28-2011, 07:48 PM
welcome.

have fun, this is a great forum.

Dietrich
05-28-2011, 08:18 PM
Welcome to both of you.We`re glad you`re here.Lots of good people and good info on this forum along with a little silliness thrown in for good measure. We do our best to help each other out and what we don`t know,we make up.Jump in and enjoy yourselves.

Tmygun
05-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Thanks very much for the warm welcomes. I hope this site doesn't lead me away from Glocks:D.

Tmygun

jocko
05-29-2011, 05:17 AM
I own a G19 if that helps any, we do allow u to own glocks on this forum BUT we do not like it when you stick a kahr and a glock in the same shootng bag. they don't mix well and my glock being bigger seems to win about every fight until I stick in my all steel K9 and then everything in the bag seems to quite down big time.

Ihave no doubts that the cm9 will wean u away from ur glock for carry purposes. time will tell..

Dietrich
05-29-2011, 05:19 AM
Thanks very much for the warm welcomes. I hope this site doesn't lead me away from Glocks:D.

Tmygun

Nothing to worry about.Many here,including myself,are Glock owners.You`ll find this forum very different than Glocktalk however.

jocko
05-29-2011, 05:31 AM
Nothing to worry about.Many here,including myself,are Glock owners.You`ll find this forum very different than Glocktalk however.

GLOCK TALK does not have BAWANNA:banplease:

mushoot
05-29-2011, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the help, John

Bill K
05-29-2011, 06:49 AM
Welcome guys! Pull up a chair a sit awhile.

Bill K.

TheTman
05-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Welcome to the forums guys. You made a good choice with the CM9, lots of folks have excellant experiences with them. I bougjht the CW40 instead, and really enjoy shooting it. I don't know about glocks, but I know I haven't worn my Beretta Cougar since I got the Kahr broke in. .45 is my caliber of choice, so I went ahead and bought the CW45. That will replace the CW40 as my main CC piece after a couple hundred more rounds downrange.