PDA

View Full Version : HST 147g+P in my PM9?

Wasabi
12-13-2009, 10:16 AM
I've got a bunch of standard pressure 147g HST (P9HST2) and recently picked up some 147g+P HST (P9HST4). Is the +P too much for my PM9? I don't plan on shooting a bunch but wanted to roll through a couple of boxes for a reliability check and than just have it as my carry ammo.

Thanks for any input.

polkhigh
12-13-2009, 11:06 AM
According to Kahr's website +P is ok....

Q. Which ammunition is recommended for use with Kahr firearms?

A. Kahr Arms does not endorse any particular brand of ammunition. However, not every brand of ammunition produces the same results. Please check the markings on the barrel hood of your firearm to determine the proper caliber. Kahr suggests a visit to a pistol range to test fire different brands of ammunition in the proper caliber. Kahr cautions against the use of reloads. Lead (unjacketed) bullets can cause excessive fouling and extra attention to cleaning the bore is recommended after firing lead bullets. The Kahr pistol is rated to +P.

Shoot Away.....:33:

Wasabi
12-13-2009, 11:10 AM
Nice, thanks. I thought I read somewhere that it was not recommended to shoot a bunch of +P through the PM9. It sounds like I should be safe since I'm only looking to put about 100rds of +P through it at the range.

jocko
12-13-2009, 11:46 AM
Nice, thanks. I thought I read somewhere that it was not recommended to shoot a bunch of +P through the PM9. It sounds like I should be safe since I'm only looking to put about 100rds of +P through it at the range.

not true never came from Kahr I bet. your 147 +p is a good round, just shoot it like u stole it. U ain't gonna hurt your PM9..

do to the high cost of defense ammo, most don't shoot 1000's of defense rounds out of their carry guns anyway.