PDA

View Full Version : What do ya'll think is a fair price?

melissa5
06-10-2011, 09:53 AM
This is Glock 30SF that is approx. a year old. It comes with two 10-rounds mags, two 9-round mags, and one 13-round mag with an A&G grip spacer. It also has TruGlo TFO sights on it. I bought it new and have put around 300 rounds through it with no problems. After I bought my 1911, I just don't enjoy shooting double stacks anymore. What do ya'll think would be a fair price?

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/2546/dscn2120l.jpg

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/6569/dscn2121.jpg

Dietrich
06-10-2011, 10:16 AM
If I`m not mistaken,Glocks don`t really depreciate very much.Especially one that is gently used as yours appears to be.If you aren`t in a hurry to sell it,I`d ask for about what I had in it and then dicker if need be but I wouldn`t drop the price more than $50.00.That is, if you`re in no hurry.I just sold two safe queens and in my opinion the guy paid about $100.00 too much.Then again,he knew I didn`t care if I sold them or not.I think that made him feel that he needed to move quickly.The best way to make someone want something is to make them feel that they aren`t gonna get it.

Bawanna
06-10-2011, 10:22 AM
I often go to gunbroker on something like this and see what they are selling for. You have to look for ones that are actually being bid on and bought. Many are listed so high they never sell.

I know that gun sells thru my LE supplier for 526 bucks officer price. The extra mags are still reasonably priced and sadly sights add a good selling point but they are like a rifle scope. You don't get much premium out of them.

I'm with Dietrich, I'd start at least for what you got into it.

I have two officers right now waiting for my supplier to get some in. Send me your price and I'll see if they'll go for it. It's basically brand new it looks like.

TheTman
06-10-2011, 10:26 AM
I'd ask for what I have in it including spare mags, then be willing to come down $50 or so, so someone could feel they dickered with you and got the price lower. About what Dietrich said. I'd also look on Bud's and Gunsamerica and see what they are going for new. Then add the price of the accesories you bought for it. Yours looks to be close to 100% LNIB, only it's broke in.
I just looked on Gunsamerica and they have 2 listed for 599, plus shipping. With only 2 mags.

melissa5
06-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks, guys! I've got $750 in it with the night sights and extra mags. Plus, the 9-round mags are hard to find. Bud's has a new 30SF for $605 with Glock night sights, but they are out of stock.

Bawanna
06-10-2011, 10:45 AM
That's one plus for you right now, they dried up. I've been waiting close to 2 months to get some for my chief and a detective. Not sure why they suddenly dissappeared. It was like this after 911. They flew off the shelves and none were to be had.

melissa5
06-10-2011, 11:47 AM
There's one on Gunbroker that the current bid is $670. It has night sights, two mags, and two holsters. I'm really thinking that $675 to $700 is fair.

Mr. S
06-11-2011, 03:35 PM
I often go to gunbroker on something like this and see what they are selling for. You have to look for ones that are actually being bid on and bought. Many are listed so high they never sell.

I know that gun sells thru my LE supplier for 526 bucks officer price. The extra mags are still reasonably priced and sadly sights add a good selling point but they are like a rifle scope. You don't get much premium out of them.

I'm with Dietrich, I'd start at least for what you got into it.

I have two officers right now waiting for my supplier to get some in. Send me your price and I'll see if they'll go for it. It's basically brand new it looks like.

Is that $526 with standard sights or the glock night sights?

Bawanna
06-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Is that $526 with standard sights or the glock night sights?

Thats with the Glock nite sights.

melissa5
06-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Well, I didn't sell the 30sf, but did sell the Glock 19 for $500. There's another show in Atlanta in two weeks. I may try again there.

Bill K
06-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Will the white highlighting effect the price any? Some folks might be turned off by that mod.

So, will you be buying another gun once the G30 is sold?

Bill K.

Bawanna
06-11-2011, 05:23 PM
I'm going to our gunshow tomorrow, I was kind of hoping she'd send me the 500 bucks to kind help with my new gun quest. With my recent contribution from Tucson and the little pocket change I already had, the 500 could make for a meaningful shopping excursion. I'd of course send back any extra loot that might be left over.

PS- I guessing here but I bet that white hightlighting is like baby powder just for photographic quality. Maybe not. Just a guess.

melissa5
06-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Will the white highlighting effect the price any? Some folks might be turned off by that mod.

So, will you be buying another gun once the G30 is sold?

Bill K.

It might, but it will come off easily with a little cleaning...only crayon. Yes, Bawanna, I like the white highlighting for photos. Some people also highlight serial number on the other side for documentation purposes. I don't.

By selling both guns, I will have the first 1911 paid for and have a little left over for reloading equipment. That's the plan right now. :D

Bawanna
06-11-2011, 07:01 PM
It might, but it will come off easily with a little cleaning...only crayon. Yes, Bawanna, I like the white highlighting for photos. Some people also highlight serial number on the other side for documentation purposes. I don't.

By selling both guns, I will have the first 1911 paid for and have a little left over for reloading equipment. That's the plan right now. :D

So if I read carefully between the lines here I pretty much don't forsee 500 big ones headed towards bawanna'a house any time soon?