PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Kahr Parts

Dietrich
06-11-2011, 06:24 AM
I have been informed that Kahr has a "limited supply" of barrels for the old style PM9s.Makes me wonder what other parts are going to be limited supply.I don`t like using aftermarket anything,especially if my life may depend on it but are there any of these aftermarket parts available?If so,where? I don`t know if the information given to me was correct and I hope it isn`t.

CJB
06-11-2011, 08:18 AM
I have been informed that Kahr has a "limited supply" of barrels for the old style PM9s.Makes me wonder what other parts are going to be limited supply.I don`t like using aftermarket anything,especially if my life may depend on it but are there any of these aftermarket parts available?If so,where? I don`t know if the information given to me was correct and I hope it isn`t.

Other than length, whats else is different?

~~~

I'm pissed at Hornady. You cannot - CAN NOT - get primer tubes for their Projector press, which I have. Great press, zero issues. No tubes available, nada, wont be, forget it. Other parts, no problem. I know I didn't throw the tubes away.... they are here someplace, but hell if I know where.

1radman
06-11-2011, 08:42 AM
Hey Dietrich, Where did you get your info? How long are these old style PM9 barrels and does anyone know if one would fit in my new CM9? I would love to have a non ported extended barrel. BTW I'll post a range report soon.

CJB
06-11-2011, 09:04 AM
What I'm getting at... is the new barrel is slightly longer, and if the hood was the same, should be an easy trick to shorten and recrown

Dietrich
06-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Hey Dietrich, Where did you get your info? How long are these old style PM9 barrels and does anyone know if one would fit in my new CM9? I would love to have a non ported extended barrel. BTW I'll post a range report soon.
My information came from another member via a PM.

Bawanna
06-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Don't panic boys, I went right to the top with this one and hopefully will get first hand word directly from the source early next week. Johnh has friends an will get us the straight skinny.
I can't imagine you won't always be able to get the necessary parts to keep everything running. I comfort myself with Jocko's 30,000 round plus Pm that's still running like a swiss kahr. That's a lifetime for most of us.

Take the pot off the burner till we get some factual information.