View Full Version : Cm9 ??

zhills
06-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Although I am new to the Kahrtalk forum, I was wondering why they do not have a topic section dedicated to the CM9? Rather than combining it to the
PM section?

Bawanna
06-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Being still relatively new it hasn't happened yet. It fits nicely in the PM or the CW areas.
If JohnH feels theres a benefit or if theres enough demand I reckon he'll create its own little home.
In the mean time talk about it any where you feel comfortable. I like hearing about them.

Joe L
06-18-2011, 04:21 PM
No need for a separate forum. The CM9 is very similar to the PM9, it is based on the PM9, shares the same frame as the PM9. With the mags, frame, and most of the slide parts common, CM9 fits well in the PM9 forum.

Girphoto
06-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Although I am new to the Kahrtalk forum, I was wondering why they do not have a topic section dedicated to the CM9? Rather than combining it to the
PM section?

It is my understanding that the CM9 is a PM9 with out all of the "custom features"

(i.e.) dehorning of slide (remove sharp edges) a slightly different trigger, mag's & sights are the same and my dealer indicated that it is about $170 less in price.
Other than that the specs are the same as a PM9.

If you are looking for a CM9, there is a dealer on Merritt Island (B&H Guns) Florida, that has them.

paul34
06-18-2011, 08:38 PM
I think just changing the forum name to "PM and CM Series Pistols" would be good enough, along with adding "CM9 series" to the words below the title.

Joe L
06-19-2011, 01:59 PM
I think just changing the forum name to "PM and CM Series Pistols" would be good enough, along with adding "CM9 series" to the words below the title.

Yep, that would do it for me, too.
Joe

ampjeff
06-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Hi folks. I'm new to the forum and was wondering if Kahr has plans to "CM" the 40 an 45 cal pistols. I just shot my new CM9 today and it blows the Kel Tec PF9 I sold away. I am hooked.

Joe L
06-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Ampjeff--We all hope so! No news yet, but it makes sense for them to do so based on the sales of the CM9.

dzldust
08-15-2011, 08:09 PM
seeing the mass quantity of "CM9" threads being started and scattered all over the forum , it might be nice,it seems to be the new hot pistol.....

BroncoAZ
08-15-2011, 08:33 PM
I spent a few minutes at the gun shop the other day convincing another parton to get the CM9 over the LC9. I think the CM9 is overdue and will be Kahr's best seller going forward.

HeyGuysWatchThis
08-15-2011, 09:10 PM
I spent a few minutes at the gun shop the other day convincing another parton to get the CM9 over the LC9. I think the CM9 is overdue and will be Kahr's best seller going forward.

...unless they offer .40 & .45 caliber versions, those will give the CM9 a run for its money with the "a defensive caliber has to start with a 4" crowd.

HeyGuysWatchThis
08-15-2011, 09:27 PM

I agree with this idea. I was confused by this at first, too, and put my first question in the P and CW series forum. Unlike some of the other fora I am on, though, I didn't get the :target: treatment, though. Thanks, guys!

ETA: Good grief, I guess I could have made just one post, huh? Noob.

krgun
08-16-2011, 10:25 AM
I agree with this idea. I was confused by this at first, too, and put my first question in the P and CW series forum. Unlike some of the other fora I am on, though, I didn't get the :target: treatment, though. Thanks, guys!

ETA: Good grief, I guess I could have made just one post, huh? Noob.

Totally agree. There is only one CM9, and several "PM" models. Who knows, maybe Kahr has plans of adding additional "CM" models. It would be AWESOME to have a separate "CM" forum.

O'Dell
08-16-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm another one hoping for a Cm45. I really liked my old PM45. It worked great in an inside jacket pocket. The only thing that bothers me is, how much has the CM9 cut into the PM9 sales?

JFootin
08-16-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm another one hoping for a Cm45. I really liked my old PM45. It worked great in an inside jacket pocket. The only thing that bothers me is, how much has the CM9 cut into the PM9 sales?

Who cares? :roll:

jocko
08-16-2011, 12:04 PM
considering the cm9 was not hear a year ago and if u wanted a msll 9mm kahr ithad to be the PM9, so any sale of the cm9 today basically might have cut into the PM9sales but ovber all I would bet the combination of PM9 and cm9 sales are way ahead of if only one was available. It was a wise move b y kahr .. There are alot of people who willbuy the PM9 buecvause they want thosde bells and whistles etc and feel they are getting th top of the line. IMO the cm9 is the best deal since I have been intorduced to kahrs, years ago..

no doubt wqe willsee a cm40 and cm45, whenis another question. I am sure it is much easier said than done.

Bill K
08-16-2011, 12:46 PM
Hi folks. I'm new to the forum and was wondering if Kahr has plans to "CM" the 40 an 45 cal pistols. I just shot my new CM9 today and it blows the Kel Tec PF9 I sold away. I am hooked.

Welcome to KahrTalk!

Think I'd like to see a non-polymer Kahr .45 before a CM one. Ballistic wise a nice performing round but I've just never cottoned to the .40 S&W, could care less what Kahr does or doesn't do in that caliber. Now seeing there is a bit of Glock in Kahr something in 10mm would be awesome even if not highly marketable. :)

Bawanna
08-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Welcome to KahrTalk!

Think I'd like to see a non-polymer Kahr .45 before a CM one. Ballistic wise a nice performing round but I've just never cottoned to the .40 S&W, could care less what Kahr does or doesn't do in that caliber. Now seeing there is a bit of Glock in Kahr something in 10mm would be awesome even if not highly marketable. :)

A K45 or an MK45 would be really neat. I agree on bypassing the 40 although there are alot of PM40 guys here that love em. I like the 40 round but not in these micro packages.
I suspect the 10 would be even worse but a steel 10 like maybe a T40 would be great. A T45 even better.

jocko
08-16-2011, 01:04 PM
u ain't gonna ever see an all steel 45 kahr, just ain't gonna happen...

I know, I know never say never but in this case I feel very safe in saying never.

O'Dell
08-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Welcome to KahrTalk!

I would want a polymer 45 because weight is important to me in a carry gun. That's why my CW40 is my favorite belt carry, even though it's the cheapest of my 40's and 45's. The others are all good reliable pistols but the lightest is still 6 ozs heavier than the CW.

JFootin
08-16-2011, 01:15 PM
u ain't gonna ever see an all steel 45 kahr, just ain't gonna happen...

I know, I know never say never but in this case I feel very safe in saying never.

Why do you think so?

jocko
08-16-2011, 01:23 PM
sales or lack of sales. The T9 , K9 suck in sales today over the polymer guns, if the demand is not worth the effort, kahr will let someone do it. I just don't see kahr filing this small nitch, The T9 totally sucks in sales, so why would we think a T45 would be a bigger seller than the most popular caliber on the market. Just my two cents. I will eat my words when I see a T45 but right now I am still eating good steaks on bets won.. Personally a K45 would be the ticket gun as it could run on the past reputation of the K kahrs which has been escellent. But kahr has had over 15 years to put out a K45 kand they have chosen tointroudce many OTHER models since then...

We may not like it or some of us may not buy poly6mer rules and kahrs are defense gun, basically close up small framed guns to, which kinda puts the all steel 45 at a disadvantage. I can't picutre a MK45. alot of retooling needed tomake this entirely bigger framed gun..

JFootin
08-16-2011, 01:33 PM
Oh, I agree. The K45 is what I want to see. The T guns always looked awkward to me - the grip almost longer than the slide. Never cared for that look, just to hold one more round.

jocko
08-16-2011, 02:08 PM
unless u have oxygen, don't holdur breadth, there won't be any steel 45 kahrs. By the way I like my steak medium rare..

JFootin
08-16-2011, 02:48 PM
By the way I like my steak medium rare..

Whaaat?

dzldust
08-18-2011, 08:11 AM
so back to the CM9.......

yqtszhj
08-18-2011, 08:43 AM
so back to the CM9.......

Ok... Every Kahr lover that doesn't have a PM9 should go out and get a CM9. One fine handgun. There we go, back on topic.:D

dzldust
08-18-2011, 08:50 AM
guess I was thinking about how the CM9 has become such a hot topic and people are not sure where to post about the CM(,maybe it having its out thread area....maybe