PDA

View Full Version : pm40 thoughts

pacific nw guy
12-19-2009, 08:46 AM
I dont want to call this a review because I am far from an expert. that being said my opinion may still offer insight if someone on the WWW is looking to make a purchase!

Being new to guns and CC the pm40 came to me very early in my gun totting career. I saw the gun, spent my money and asked questions later. That process is what brought me here. I am someone who reads the web for info on my interests (maybe to a fault at times), whether it is watches, cars, or snowboards i rely on the web. Problem is that as we all know people are infinitely more inclined to spend their time posting the negative and most of the happy customers are just out there shooting their flawlessly working machines.

WIth the gun laws as they are in WA and me not yet having my CC permit at the time of purchase I had a week or so to research my purchase before I actually took ownership of the gun. An interesting week it was.....

The combination of my inexperience and the loads of negative press afforded me a great deal of trepidation. I actually had myself convinced i was experiencing frequent FTFs yet I didnt even have the gun yet:)

The reason I bought this gun was size, caliber, and to be completely honest I thought it looked cool. Small, powerful, and concealable...what else could I want, though as I stated my feelings were starting to turn.

Then I got the gun and shot it! Guess what not a single FTF or issue....could this be possible? I had begun to expect the gun to jam at least 4-5 times per what I had read but it seemed that every bullet left the barrel and new one jumped in and until they were all gone-all i needed to do was pull the trigger:59:

I did need to actually "listen" to what the manual told me in regard to loading the first round. I also had to learn to not ride the slide but that is due to me being new and needing to work on my listening skills (same thing seems to be a problem when my wife is talking to me).

In my newbie opinion this gun is one to keep. I will say that shooting it consistently accurate is not the easiest task but the small size and large caliber are something made for more experienced shooters, that is not a hidden fact. I will say that if I listen to the instruction i was given regarding trigger pull and I concentrate I can put together a decent grouping, problem is at the range I dont always take my time and i have fun flying through a clip sometimes.

Lastly since I started carrying this gun with my Crossbreed Minituck I grew even fonder. The combination is virtually invisible to me and others. I can drive, work, walk, and talk and never be the least bit uncomfortable, great combo for concealment.

In conclusion I want to thank Jocko for PMing me and being patient when I was first worried about the gun. To quote his sage advice, get out and shoot it like you stole it!

PS-my other gun is a xdm9 which is also pretty sweet.....and if you want to know anything about watches drop me a line!

jocko
12-19-2009, 07:01 PM
very nice report, no dought the PM40 is just one pocket rocket, nothing comes even close to it and fitting in ones front pocket, not any 40 cals that I know of can do it except the PM40.

It is a kicker though, ain't it. PORT IT!! and enver look back
suepr nice gun great report to..

Brian Dobson
12-31-2009, 10:10 AM
Pacific NW Guy,

Glad to hear of your success with the PM 40. I also own a PM 40 for 2 years now. It is the perfect size for CC and packs the punch one wants if he or she ever needs it. But I must say my luck has not been as good as yours. I have had mine back to the factory 2 times now and have had the frame replaced both times as well as the slide spring and some internal springs as well.s The slide still hang s up at least 5 times in a 7 shot clip, not very comforting if I ever need it for protection. The factory has been excellent to work with but the shipping charges are extream only adding to the cost of the pistol.[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Raoul
12-31-2009, 05:15 PM
Nice report. My experience with my PM40 sounds exactly like yours. Mine has been a very dependable, very accurately shooting weapon.