PDA

View Full Version : "Getting Shot Basics"

500KV
12-20-2009, 12:28 PM
What limp wristing , a Lorcin and shooting at the PO-PO will get you.

As police chased Raymond "Ready" Martinez through Times Square on Thursday, the street hustler and aspiring rapper fired two shots, holding the gun sideways "like a character out of a rap video." According to the New York Post, Martinez's side grip caused the gun to jam, enabling police to shoot and kill the suspect.

A real Darwin candidate..:D

wyntrout
12-20-2009, 12:37 PM
I always have to laugh at the actors in movies trying to emulate that "style". It doesn't even look cool! It's like the idiots holding up their pants with one hand... and talking on a cell phone. I believe in belts -- helps hold up my CW!
Recoil of a handgun causes it to rotate in the plane it's occupying, which doesn't keep it on-target as long as your holding the gun in the same plane as the target, meaning you have a better chance of hitting your target high or low, rather than to either side.:p
Wynn

ltxi
12-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Recoil of a handgun causes it to rotate in the plane it's occupying......

Which is the reason I was taught to shoot just one hand gun sideways, under the proper circumstances....the M3 Machine Pistol aka Grease Gun.

wyntrout
12-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Okay, I guess that works for spraying... a gang of BGs.:D
:53:
Wynn

ltxi
12-20-2009, 07:21 PM
....and of course that was the plan. However, they were then referred to as the enemy as opposed to BGs. With the distance of time and age, I've come to appreciate the difference.

mr surveyor
12-20-2009, 07:41 PM
"gangsta's" were the original inspiration for the developement of the over and under shotgun ;)

(I'm a SxS purist at heart:D)

surv

wyntrout
12-20-2009, 08:13 PM
I've always preferred a semi-auto like the Remington 1100 -- gas operation and some reduction of recoil. I saw a different one yesterday at the gun show -- a Benelli, I think, that was a pump/auto. I remember seeing one of those years ago, but it was strange... a charging handle and a slide. I looked at it on the table and then picked up the tag -- Pump/auto $1499.99 !! That looked like a good idea, better than those stamped-metal 12 ga. AK-magazine-fed variants running about $550 to $700. I don't think too much of all of those .410/.44 pistols either. My favorite gauge and gun was a 20ga, Remington 1100 with a skeet barrel. There are so many more choices of defense ammo for a 12, though. All I have these days are pistols and not enough of them. When I don't use stuff, I tend to sell it to get something that I think I want to use. My youngest brother has every gun he ever got a hold of, and after about 20 years as a corrections officer in California, he's ready to retire and get the heck out of that state. They get forced furloughs and he says about $1000 less a month take-home pay with all of Arnold's schemes to save money. He doesn't even know how many guns he owns. I would much rather have too many (is there such a thing?) than not enough. I'm mainly interested in CCW now... Kahr in particular. After I get my P380... next year I guess, I want to get a PM9 and a PM45 with black slides and night sights. Those are so sexy and business-looking. Then I'll need decent holsters, too. I already have a MiniTuck for the 380. That seemed a good choice for secure carry with shorts and T-shirts down here in the Sunshine(?) State.
Well, I had better get off this computer. I've certainly been chatty today! :blah:
Cheers!
Wynn

medezyner
12-21-2009, 06:40 AM
If he was a true gangsta, he would have also helped push the bullets out in a shoving motion. This also aids in the pants coming down around the knees which is a very important shooting stance for missing your target. I haven’t tried this yet, but if works on TV it must be true!

Embalmer
12-21-2009, 09:23 AM
Its like the guy in the Brox who shot and killed 3 people, then chased the sister out onto a fire escape with his pants in one hand. Ultimately they fell down again causing him to do a header off the 3 story fire escape before he could do her harm. Neighbor found his body with his baggy pants around his ankles on the ground below. I see the baggy pants as usefull in certain situations...

wyntrout
12-21-2009, 09:56 AM
I've always figured that if confronted by a (small) gang of these "low-riders", you could dismiss at first the guys holding up their pants and talking on cell phones. And, if their pants are falling down... how are they carrying a weapon. I would be more worried about the ones whose pants are riding high... maybe wearing a belt to hold up the Glocks.
It really bothers me to see young, white military guys on base trying to emulate that "style" -- ya know... like black cons trolling for boyfriends in prison... 'cause their belts were taken from them. I'm really impressed by dudes walking along holding up their pants...Duh, that's what belts are for! It's all I can do to keep from laughing at them. It's just amazing how grown people can act like that... and seem to be proud of their pants hanging precariously on the cusp of their butts... or around their knees ever so often.:D
Wynn