View Full Version : CM9 First range report

mcernik
07-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Took my new CM9 out for its first trip tonight. Ran 200 rounds of Federal AE 124 grain fmj and 12 rounds of Federal HST 124+p. Flawless. Not a single misfire. Shot great. I was a little all over the place on the first 50, but I haven't shot in probably 15 years lol. Dialed in decent after that. It does take a bit getting used to the long trigger pull. Still need more range time for that. The recoil was less than I expected, I think the Pearce grip extensions on the 6 round mag helped alot. I'm extremely satisfied with the handgun and looking forward to the next time I can take it out. Well, that's my report and I'm sticking with it. :D

TrixR4Kids
07-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Picked mine up from the gun shop today. Gonna clean it up as per the recommendations here and hopefully be out tomorrow with a favorable review as well. Never shot a 9mm gun this small, how was the recoil? My experience is with Sig 228/226's.

mcernik
07-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Very manageable. Getting a pinkie on the grip extension made it much more comfortable for me I think. Didn't shoot it without them though. The 124+ p hst's hit alot harder than the non-p's I will say that lol. My hand isn't sore whatsoever after 200+ rounds so I would say that's pretty good too!

WilliamG
07-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Nice range report, and what we like to read about here (especially jocko). I found that my Speer Gold Dot +P 124gr feel very similar to my American Eagle 115gr through my PM9. Maybe a touch more kick, but barely noticeable. Makes me regret buying 300 rounds of it for practice, hah! :D

TrixR4Kids
07-20-2011, 12:14 PM
Very manageable. Getting a pinkie on the grip extension made it much more comfortable for me I think. Didn't shoot it without them though. The 124+ p hst's hit alot harder than the non-p's I will say that lol. My hand isn't sore whatsoever after 200+ rounds so I would say that's pretty good too!

Thanks for the info. There is a gun show here this weekend, maybe they will have the extensions and a few extra magazines I can pickup. Might not make it to the range today, its like 115 degrees with the humidity factored in.

Bill K
07-20-2011, 12:20 PM
Welcome to KahrTalk! ... [Both you and Trix].

Glad your new CM9 is working out for you.