PDA

View Full Version : Best CrossBreed Holster for PM9

RonM
07-23-2011, 11:53 AM
What is the best CrossBreed Holster for a PM9 with CT Laserguard?

There website does not show that the SuperTuck Deluxe has an option for the PM9. It only shows the CW, K & T or the P or TP with CT Laserguard.

Does anyone have one for the PM9 with Laserguard?

The only ones that show the PM9 with Laserguard are the MircoClip and the MiniTuck. Is that correct?

rclAlaric
07-23-2011, 11:55 AM
The MiniTuck is what you are looking for.

jpgoyet
07-25-2011, 07:55 AM
The MiniTuck is exactly what you are looking for...It comes with the with the CT Laserguard option. That is what I have and it fits perfect!

Thunder71
07-25-2011, 08:21 AM
Garrett Industries Silent Thunder, I can't stand all the added leather on the Crossbreed line.

JFootin
07-25-2011, 09:00 AM
If you want some of the most beautiful artistry in holster making, and can wait patiently for a few months, this is it:

H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks (http://www.hbeleatherworks.com/)!

Here are a couple of examples:

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Miscellanious%20Guns%20and%20Holsters/DCTuckableandDWBobtail.jpg

This is the one I want to get for my CM9:

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/John_England/Miscellanious%20Guns%20and%20Holsters/HBEProTLHolsterforLittleKahr-1.jpg

Edit: both of these are tuckable IWB. He also does non-tuckable IWB and OWB. His designs are so RIGHT in their design!

Girphoto
07-25-2011, 09:57 AM

There website does not show that the SuperTuck Deluxe has an option for the PM9. It only shows the CW, K & T or the P or TP with CT Laserguard.

The only ones that show the PM9 with Laserguard are the MircoClip and the MiniTuck. Is that correct?
Why such a big holster for such a little gun?
Look at the Rosen Clipper (left side of photo) and they make one to take the Laser.
Small gun, small package and I have now been wearing it 24/7 for the past 3 weeks. Cost about $68.00
http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/girphoto/th_PM9RIG.jpg (http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae326/girphoto/?action=view&current=PM9RIG.jpg)

RonM
08-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Does the minituck cover the mag release so it is less likely to rust? (I have been having that as a problem.)

wyntrout
08-05-2011, 12:33 PM
The mag release touches the leather... horsehide in my case... right-handed... Florida and all, but I haven't noticed any problems with rusting... anything. And I haven't really gotten too seaty and tested the horsehide, yet. It's too danged hot and hopping between the vehicle and the stores across hot parking lots gets OLD fast.

Wynn:)

dean1818
08-06-2011, 07:49 AM
You have chosen chosen (IMHO) the BEST, most comfortable holster out there in Crossbreed

The extra leather is EXTREMELY important as it keeps the pistol grip from digging into your hip.

One good thing is the Kydex on the crossbreed is EASILY remolded to any similar sized gun you want.........2 minutes at 200 in the oven (no longer)......It wont hurt the leather or the kidex.......... put it in the oven (no pistol)......... pull it out of the oven,
lay it flat, (use gloves), form the warm kidex around your pistol

It took me 3 tries to get it 100% right. (It looks and fits PERFECT)

Mine started out to fit a Bersa, now my K9 is a perfect fit

wyntrout
08-06-2011, 08:50 AM
I got mine for the PM9 and with the horsehide for Florida. It fits the PM9 fine... and the K9... and even my PM45. The K9 drops in and the PM45 goes in almost as easily as the PM9. Retention is fine as you wear it and use your belt to snug it in place.

Don't forget to check on the discount for any military or LEO, and maybe others.

Doctorbob
08-13-2011, 11:05 AM
Check out the minislide for OWB carry.

I have the' supertuck' and the 'slide' (for the laserguard) for for my G19 and like both of them for different reasons. In IDPA matches, the OWB slide holster works better than any other holster I've tried including a very expensive custom leather holster.

I bought the minislide and the minituck for my PM9. Obviously, my draw is much faster with the slide version - if that's important to you. And the Kahr PM9 is small enough that I can conceal it with a loose T shirt.

MrToad
08-14-2011, 03:44 PM

Sorry I missed this thread. Been quite busy and crazy around here the last couple of weeks for me.
Here's my minituck rig with the CT laserguard:

http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad2/breley/Kahr/pm9_rigs.jpg

I've since added a Pearce grip. Sits out a little bit, but has a better grip feel and, well, I think it looks sharper IMHO.

OldLincoln
08-14-2011, 05:29 PM
It seems we all have a favorite holster and for the PM/CM9 mine is the Garrett Silent Thunder. (http://garrettindustries.mybigcommerce.com/products/Silent-Thunder-IWB.html) It is a kydex shell which feels cool against you skin, not irritating like some leathers, but is lined with a soft leather to protect you gun finish. It is just the right size holster for that small gun with a single clip making it a grab-n-go holster you can slip under your waistband as you walk out the door. Very comfortable too.

bobthegunslinger
08-14-2011, 06:06 PM
get the croosbreed mini-tuck!i forget it`s there!i got the one for the pm9,but have the cm9 w/crimson trace laser.it is a left-handed model that i modified for a iwb behind the back cross draw(right hand draw).all i did was cut and shorten the belt clips and re-drill the holes,then re-position the clips and re-drill holes in the holster to cant it straight up.it is the most comfortable holster i have and i have high dollar custom texas made leather holster`s!i also live in tampa,florida where the humidity is about 100 percent everyday!i`ve had mine about three weeks with full sweat and no problems as the kydex keeps things dry,but don`t see a problem anyhow!keep some gu oil in that damn mag release!maybe your body is acidic!try a pool test strip and don`t assume it`s the metal!

billpocz
08-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Tried the Supertuck, but have since switched to Comp-Tac. Here it is with a Don Hume that I use for quicker 'clip on' trips...

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss105/billpocz/IMG_2696.jpg

The C-clips on the Comp-Tac are really secure and don't draw any attention.

Bill

JFootin
08-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Tried the Supertuck, but have since switched to Comp-Tac. Here it is with a Don Hume that I use for quicker 'clip on' trips...

The C-clips on the Comp-Tac are really secure and don't draw any attention.

Bill

Bill, what model is your gun? I talked with Comp-Tac. I was concerned about tightness if I ordered a PM9 holster for my CM9. The lady said she wouldn't advise me to buy it. I have been told by manufacturers that no one is making blue guns for the CM9 yet. With kydex or especially molded plastic holsters like Blade Tech, the slight difference in shape of the slide could be a problem. What do you think?

billpocz
08-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Mine is a PM45. The retention is just right...

I don't see why a CM9 would not fit in a PM9 holster.

Comptac likes to sell bodies for 'different' models. Case in point, I first bought a Sig 225 holster. I added a 228 later and bought a kydex body for that. It is the exact same body, 'cept they won't tell you that over the phone. Hey, they have to sell products I guess...

Still, all in all, really like their product.

To the OP, sorry for thread drift...

Bill

JFootin
08-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Thanks!

bobthegunslinger
08-16-2011, 03:41 PM
the mini-tuck by far!

wyntrout
08-16-2011, 04:01 PM
I bought a horsehide Minituck for my PM9 and I routinely carry my PM45 in it as well. The K9 also drops right in. One holster for three guns. The K9 was a wee bit looser than the PM9 and the PM45 was a wee bit tighter the first time, but adjusting the belt for retention works fine.

Hate Me Mo
08-19-2011, 03:00 PM
The Crossbreed Mini-Tuck is a fantastic holster! But most people overlook, or pooh-pooh the Crossbreed MICRO-CLIP (mainly because none of them have ever tried it). It too works great! Thin, horsehide, single clip, extremely easy to put on and off while seated in the car, unlike the Mini-tuck, does not slip or rotate if used with a good belt. I have both the Mini and the Micro - both are great, but the Micro just seems to work best if you have to remove your gun and holster while out and about (in car, etc.) I have tried a few others, i.e. Highnoon IWB (excellent holster, but way too thick, adds as much thickness as the gun itself).

I would not recommend if it did not work flawlessly. Crossbreed's motto "The ugliest holster you will ever Love!" So True!! You can't go wrong with either one.

Barth
08-19-2011, 04:34 PM
I keep thinking about IWB.
But in steaming hot Florida wearing two shirts isn't going to cut it - LOL!