PDA

View Full Version : CM9 Breaking In Nicely

zhills
08-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Second trip to range after getting my new spring assembly after losing stainless end nut. I used the new assembly but used my older outer spring
coil because it only had 100rds. on it. But to be on the safe side I used the slide lock to expose the end nut. Than I stood the CM9 with muzzel stright
up between two blocks, than used a drop of Permatex green penatrating thread locker, and let dry for mor than 24 hrs, more like 36 hrs. That end nut has not moved since. I am not worried about ever taking the assembly apart. As it was easy enough to clean and lube assembled.

I have had great luck with breaking in my CM9. I thank allot of that to following the prepping page posted by jocko. And checking spring and follower which did stop at the latch lock button. A bit of grinding and sanding solved that problem before ever stepping onto the range.

I have had 100% of 170 rds. down range with no issues at all. I used
WWB 115gr. FMJ's only, as they have always givin me 100% relibility.

I am planning now to shoot some CD ammo. Maybe some Remington Golden Saber, Or some Hornady Custom FTX. If those go well I will start to carry. But I still enjoy carring my Ruger LCP .380 Also! with my Wolff 12lb springs:)

jocko
08-03-2011, 06:57 PM
u did great, u prepped your gun and u also learned alot more about it before that first round went bang.

nice job.

Screendmon
08-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Good to hear!

les strat
08-04-2011, 08:26 AM
Jocko's tips and just shooting and "exercising" the gun really makes it break in faster. I can now slingshot my CM9 no problem. Just as easily as any other of my SA pistols.