PDA

View Full Version : Thigh Band Holster

medezyner
12-28-2009, 10:07 AM
I was on the Galco website and came across a Thigh Band Holster. I’ve never seen this before and was wondering if anyone has/uses one of these. http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=2639&GunID=277 (http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=2639&GunID=277)
Might be another summer time option.
Seems like in order for it to work, it would need to ride high on the thigh and into that area not normally happy with getting poked with gun magazines. Is it comfortable, awkward, bulky…a pain in the _ _ _ _ _? :bump2:

Colossal Uprising
12-28-2009, 01:41 PM
I would think this would only be good if you planned on dropping your pants when you have to draw your weapon. I can't see any value in it.

500KV
12-28-2009, 04:18 PM
I would think this would only be good if you planned on dropping your pants when you have to draw your weapon. I can't see any value in it.
Bwahahaha..Don't know why that hit my funnybone but if I had to drop mine It'd probably have the same effect as shooting him..Loud BVDs. :o
It would be hard for me though since I wear both a belt and suspenders. Yeah I know... but it keeps them right up there where they belong.:roll:

jocko
12-28-2009, 04:25 PM

I sure hope that designer is out looking for a good job:confused:
And here I thought front pocket carry might be alittle slow...

medezyner
12-29-2009, 08:07 AM
I sure hope that designer is out looking for a good job:confused:
And here I thought front pocket carry might be alittle slow...

A little slow? Nah, dont even take it out of the holster, just lift your leg and shoot! My new hat holster is my latest design; just look in the direction you want to shoot, grab the bill and "BANG". Get on the list, I'm backordered for 6 months.

MattTheKnife
12-29-2009, 08:31 AM
The thigh-band is designed for women in dresses/skirts or men in baggy shorts.

Although I will wear a kilt on occasion; I see no need for one. There is enough room in the layers of clothing for my kahr.

Vinikahr
12-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Not a new concept, this is show in many movies and used by women with stalkings (most preferred weapons derringers and auto .22 or .25). I would prefer a smart-carry instead of this.:4:

Bawanna
01-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Bwahahaha..Don't know why that hit my funnybone but if I had to drop mine It'd probably have the same effect as shooting him..Loud BVDs. :o
It would be hard for me though since I wear both a belt and suspenders. Yeah I know... but it keeps them right up there where they belong.:roll:

I bet you don't wear your hat backwards and make weird gestures with your hands either. No body piercings, nose rings, spikey mohawk perhaps.
I'll stick with belt or ankle, no use for this one. Might be a good photo op in the Dillon catalog though.:cool:

Price
01-19-2010, 08:34 PM
This holster seems like a great idea to me I dont know about you guys but I prefer to go skinny dippin armed, this is just what I needed. You think one of the color options is Pale White thigh?

zena
01-20-2010, 04:14 AM
I'd need suspenders to hold that up under a skirt. Too much gear to be comfortable. But fumbling to pull a skirt UP may really distract a BG.:p

Dietrich
01-20-2010, 06:29 AM
It seems to me that it would cause your thigh to perspire profusely,and in turn would absorb the perspiration and expose your gun to a good bit of salt and moisture.Moisture is great for a lot of things but not firearms. :eek:

Bawanna
01-20-2010, 05:05 PM
I'd need suspenders to hold that up under a skirt. Too much gear to be comfortable. But fumbling to pull a skirt UP may really distract a BG.:p

BG's, heck probably throw the good guys for a loop too. I think some sort of test is in order. All for scientific research for goodness and righteusness of course.:001_tt2: