PDA

View Full Version : 9mm 127 gr. T-series

Dietrich
12-29-2009, 02:53 PM
I just received a box of this marked for Law Enforcement Use Only and it is rated at +P+ so it will be fired in the Glock.Do any of you have any knowledge about this series of Winchester Ranger Ammo? As I don`t have access to ballistic gelatin I`m thinking wetpack.What are some other good testing methods? I was thinking of using little baby ducks but it`s hard to keep enough of them in a straight line long enough to take proper aim.

jhiller
12-29-2009, 03:19 PM
127+P+ doesn't need to be tested . It is the absolute best 9mm that you can buy. Depending on the model Glock you have it will leave the muzzle at 1250 fps or greater and can be depended upon to work through light or heavy clothing with expansion of approx .6" and penetration of 12 to 14". Its record on the stret is excellent with very few BG's requiring more than a single CM hit

If you must find something to be critical about, it may not be as effective through barriers like car windows , steel or wallboard as other heavier bonded rounds like 180 gr 40 cal or 357 sig. If you aren't an LEO that won't make a difference and bonded rounds don't generally expand as destructively as non-bonded like 127 +P+
In a civilian anti-personel setting it is a superb choice as are any of the new T series in 9mm, 40 cal, 45 acp or 45 GAP.
Practice your shooting and tactics and stop worrying about the round. It is superb

Dietrich
12-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Fantastic!!! You really sound like you know your stuff! One more thing though,just for fun.Any advice on how to get the baby ducks in a row?:confused:

Mr. S
12-29-2009, 07:37 PM
It is a very good load.
If you like +p+ ammo.
The standard t series performs as well without the +P+ rating.

See for yourself here it has a drop down menu on the left where you can pick the load and see the results.

http://www.winchester.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/flash-SWFs/law_bullit.swf

wyntrout
12-29-2009, 11:56 PM
Fantastic!!! You really sound like you know your stuff! One more thing though,just for fun.Any advice on how to get the baby ducks in a row?:confused:
2 1/2" PVC pipe ought to work... a little messy, though. :86:
Wynn:p

jocko
12-30-2009, 02:42 AM
Just my 2 cents here but it sure seems people get excited when a round says +P+. Once it exists the body then where does or will it go. Seems to me that most all good 9mm ammo is +p and regualr velocity. Normaly the superiority of a good round is the BULLET not the speed. YMMV

zena
12-30-2009, 04:45 AM
2 1/2" PVC pipe ought to work... a little messy, though. :86:
Wynn:p

What's wrong with you?! Leave the baby ducks out of it. Superglue rats feet to a 2x4.

medezyner
12-30-2009, 09:52 AM
I’ll pass on the +P+ loads and keep it simple with 124 gr. +P. It’s difficult to keep up with all the data available out there. Besides velocity, we need to consider: energy, momentum, bullet design, muzzle flash, muzzle control, chamber stress, cost, feed failure, and possibly the danger of over penetration. I like to keep it simple: shoot it like I stole it with 115 gr. bulk WWB roughly 80-90% of the time and practice the rest with a 124 gr +P SD load. Gives me money left over for targets.
Testing method: try lining up multiple bags of play sand and peel them back to check penetration. These guys have some interesting reading and useful info. http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/theboxotruth.htm (http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/theboxotruth.htm) Dietrich, make sure you wet down the ducks.

wyntrout
12-30-2009, 12:07 PM
What's wrong with you?! Leave the baby ducks out of it. Superglue rats feet to a 2x4.
Hey, just joking... besides, if you live near one of those chicken farms/processing plants, maybe you could use some of the millions of male chicks that are ground up to feed the rest.... :eek: Yeah, that really sucks, too, but no waste!
<No animals were harmed in writing this jest>
Hey, I love animals and I am a life member of PETA -- People Eating Tasty Animals.:p
Wynn

PS: Besides, IF I could catch any rats alive, it would probably be ME glued to the 2 by 4, with the rats chewing on me, based on my past experiences with super and crazy glue!!:o

31Dec: Cabela's still has the $20 off $100 purchase:
Cabela's Official Website - Quality Hunting, Fishing, Camping and Outdoor Gear at competitive prices. (http://information.cabelas.com/cabelasrebates/?promo=9RC717)