View Full Version : K9 "Elite" or MK9 "Elite"

Cartero391
09-26-2011, 03:39 PM
I own a PM9 (EDC) & P9, both with XS BD sights. I now want to purchase either a K9 or MK9 (elite version) to compliment my existing Kahr family. (I would install XS BD sights on my new purchase.) This new SS Kahr would be a range gun, car gun and home defense gun. Which "Elite" do you more experienced Kahr owners and shooters suggest I buy... "K9" or "MK9" and why? Notice I am using a system: all I own are Kahr pistols (same trigger); all in the same caliber (9mm); all with interchangeable magazines; all with the same sight picture (XS BD). Having all Kahr's in 9mm also standardizes my PD ammo (Speer GDHP-SB 124gr.+P). Thanks for sharing your opinions,
~Cartero391~

Barth
09-26-2011, 05:24 PM
I own a PM9 (EDC) & P9, both with XS BD sights. I now want to purchase either a K9 or MK9 (elite version) to compliment my existing Kahr family. (I would install XS BD sights on my new purchase.) This new SS Kahr would be a range gun, car gun and home defense gun. Which "Elite" do you more experienced Kahr owners and shooters suggest I buy... "K9" or "MK9" and why? Notice I am using a system: all I own are Kahr pistols (same trigger); all in the same caliber (9mm); all with interchangeable magazines; all with the same sight picture (XS BD). Having all Kahr's in 9mm also standardizes my PD ammo (Speer GDHP-SB 124gr.+P). Thanks for sharing your opinions,
~Cartero391~

Get the K9, the MK is a micro for concealed carry.

But my real recommendation is a T40 Tactical
http://www.midwesthuntersoutlet.com/item/4613_Kahr_Arms_Handguns_Pistols_KAHR_T40_40SW_TACT ICAL_4_WOOD_GRIPS_NOVAK.aspx

Or a T9 if you have to have a 9
http://www.gunforall.com/shopcart/mcartfree/product.asp?intprodid=15994&thisitem=kahr%20t9%209mm%204inch%20msts%208rd%20no v%20ns%20wd
http://www.denverammo.com/HANDGUNS/PISTOLS/KAT9093-NOV.html
http://www.kahr.com/GetDynamicImage.aspx?dir=itemImages&path=T91688.jpg&w=326&h=278

Longer barrel and sight radius.
less recoil.
Higher capacity.

Cartero391
09-26-2011, 05:58 PM
Barth: Obviously your first choice is the T40. Why the .40 over the 9mm? I had not considered a "T" pistol before now. Don't really know why, however, I think I would prefer to stay with my "system" (9mm). Let me summarize and think out loud about a T. " The better sight radius and longer barrel should make the pistol more accurate - true. The increase in weight translates to more manageable recoil and less muzzle flip - true. For what I want - range, car & home defense the higher capacity is definitely a plus!" How are "T"'s priced compared to the "K"'s? What about availability? Thanks for giving me "options". ~Cartero391~

Barth
09-26-2011, 06:23 PM
Barth: Obviously your first choice is the T40. Why the .40 over the 9mm? I had not considered a "T" pistol before now. Don't really know why, however, I think I would prefer to stay with my "system" (9mm). Let me summarize and think out loud about a T. " The better sight radius and longer barrel should make the pistol more accurate - true. The increase in weight translates to more manageable recoil and less muzzle flip - true. For what I want - range, car & home defense the higher capacity is definitely a plus!" How are "T"'s priced compared to the "K"'s? What about availability? Thanks for giving me "options". ~Cartero391~

They are a little hard to find but you can get them.
I gave yo two links with guns for sale.
Should be able to get a T9 for less than an MK9 Elite.
I paid $820 for my MK40 Elite N/S.

Go with a T9.
There are two models I think?
I think the Tactical comes with Novac sights?
But I love Big dots too!
You also get more velocity from the longer barrel.

Do the research. That's part of the fun!!!

Cartero391
09-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Thanks Barth. The MK9 is out -- I am down to either the K9 or T9. You are right, the research and decision making is half the fun of the purchase. Checked with Bud's on the T9 - none available; Gun Broker has a couple to consider. More research needed.
~Cartero391~

Barth
09-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Thanks Barth. The MK9 is out -- I am down to either the K9 or T9. You are right, the research and decision making is half the fun of the purchase. Checked with Bud's on the T9 - none available; Gun Broker has a couple to consider. More research needed.
~Cartero391~

T9 - I think they all come with wood grips. These things are all Cadillacs
830 + 45 shipping + FFL transfer (about $45)
If you really want the gun just call the dealer directly with your credit card and buy it. don't play with the site.
http://www.gunsamerica.com/973796504/Guns/Pistols/Kahr-Pistols/kahr.htm
http://www.gunsamerica.com/userimages/103082/921701750/wm_md_1354983.jpg

JFootin
09-27-2011, 08:24 AM
Barth, you really need to size your pictures down a bit. I worry that my computer might explode trying to display these giant pictures! :eek: Plus, I have to scroll left and right and left and right to read the posts! :typing:

Chuck54
10-07-2011, 02:07 PM
My vote is for the T9.

I have a PM9 and a T9 both are great.

I would like to add a P9 to the inventory for no good reason (just cause I want it).

Barth
10-07-2011, 05:35 PM
My vote is for the T9.

I have a PM9 and a T9 both are great.

I would like to add a P9 to the inventory for no good reason (just cause I want it).

LOL!
This guy PMed me that he bought a new T9 (like $749 or something, it was a good price).

I almost got one myself.
But got a MK40 Elite for CC instead.
I have six handguns, but got three this year alone.
1) Sig Sauer P239/357
2) Kahr MK40 Elite
3) Talo Special Edition Glock EXO Fail Zero G27
really need to slow down now

JFootin
10-07-2011, 07:22 PM
You guys have too much gold in your gun buying pots of gold. You need to share some of it with me and Bawanna! (Today's his birthday, you know. And mine was 9/3. Just saying.)

MikeyKahr
10-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Everyone please forgive my family we do have a tendency to beg especially when it comes to new toys around bdays.

Sent using Tapatalk

O'Dell
10-07-2011, 08:01 PM
You guys have too much gold in your gun buying pots of gold. You need to share some of it with me and Bawanna! (Today's his birthday, you know. And mine was 9/3. Just saying.)

Hey, what about me. I only have one every four years!

wayneo1
10-07-2011, 08:13 PM
I have a mk9 already, but from you say you want to do with it the K9 would be the one.

ltxi
10-07-2011, 08:22 PM
Late to this one, but the least useful gun purchase I've made in perhaps the last 10 or so years was an MK9 I bought about 18 months ago.

My u&c edc is a PM9 that I shoot at least as well or better....mostly better. I also have a K9 I wouldn't part with. My MK9 is very nice gun. I like it. It shoots well. Unfortunately, for my needs it has no real purpose other than hanging out in my home office desk drawer in some rather expensive Del Fatti leather.

QuercusMax
10-08-2011, 06:11 AM
... the least useful gun purchase I've made in perhaps the last 10 or so years was an MK9 I bought about 18 months ago.

I have to agree. I like my little MK9 Elite - but mostly because it is a really nicely-made piece of stainless steel. It's too heavy to casually carry around, but too small to be accurate.

jocko
10-08-2011, 06:18 AM
one is although a tad heavy it is pocketable with ease. the other is just a super gun IMO but certainly not pocketable..

Cyterio
10-08-2011, 08:05 AM
I carry my MK9 Elite daily. I have a pocket holster, and to be honest, it can be a bit heavy for pocket carry, but I rarely carry pocket unless I have no other options . I carry IWB 95% of the time and it couldn't be more comfortable. As long as you have a good holster and a decent belt, doesn't even have to be a gun belt just a decent heavy belt, you shouldn't have any issues.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Barth
10-08-2011, 08:42 AM
I know it's strange.
And I have a large variety of holsters.
But my favorite right now is a $14 cheapo -
http://acecase.com/universal-hide-a-holster.html

I removed the clip, flipped it over, and went OWB/inside belt cross draw.
I totally love it (Fast/Comfortable/SWEET).
The mag packer is a cheapo too.
I took shears to it and trimmed it down almost nothing.
I'm having fun!

https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo18/fc/86/50e40ca40bfe__1318084604000.jpg

JFootin
10-08-2011, 09:52 AM
I wish I had a flat waist line like yours so I could do something like that. :( But I have been dieting seriously for 6 months, lost 20 lb and I'm stuck there! The middle-aged spread just will not shrink! :mad: I'm a lefty, and liver carry is about as far as I can reach cross draw. And then when I sit down, even with my short CM9, it binds up something terrible and my belly overrides the grip making it difficult to draw. :o

JFootin
10-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Oh! You're a lefty, too! I am going to do a thread asking for lefties on the forum to chime in, because I think that there is a much larger percentage of lefties who are regulars on this forum than the 10% that are in the general population. I think the right-brain dominance and higher than average intelligence contributes to our interest in these Kahr guns, which are quite unique engineering masterpieces.

Barth
10-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Oh! You're a lefty, too! I am going to do a thread asking for lefties on the forum to chime in, because I think that there is a much larger percentage of lefties who are regulars on this forum than the 10% that are in the general population. I think the right-brain dominance and higher than average intelligence contributes to our interest in these Kahr guns, which are quite unique engineering masterpieces.

Image is reversed in a mirror.
I'm right handed.

I'm 54 and got a washboard stomach with a very low carb, high protein, diet.
In concert with regular resistance and cardio training.

Don't let anyone convince you you can't sculpt your body in middle age.
It's a lie.

JFootin
10-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Image is reversed in a mirror.
I'm right handed.

I'm 54 and got a washboard stomach with a very low carb, high protein, diet.
In concert with regular resistance and cardio training.

Don't let anyone convince you you can't sculpt your body in middle age.
It's a lie.

Darn! Fooled me! I'm 61 and my legs are so paralyzed that I am very close to being full time in the power chair. My hands, wrists and forearms are also affected by the slowly progressive hereditary paralysis of my limbs that has been weakening my body my whole life and seems to have accelerated as I have reached middle age. I have severe Arteriosclerosis and have had 3 heart attacks. Every effort to just get up and walk a few steps around my apartment (using a 4 wheeled walker with hand brakes, and custom made braces supporting my feet and lower legs) is extremely difficult, and growing more painful because of a bad knee. The slightest activity tires me out. It is the motor nerves that are dieing, and exercise is counterproductive, like using an electric drill with a frayed power cord in the rain!

I do need to improve on my diet. I have the new Atkins book, haven't cracked it open yet. Any diet tips?

Barth
10-08-2011, 02:38 PM
1) Keep a food journal.
It can really help get a handle on your calorie intake.

2) Eat small and often.
I eat every 2 hours for about 12 hours a day.
But I work out a lot.

3) Use a 12 hour time release protein drink.
This reallhy helps curb my appetite.

4) Super clean diet with lots and lots of water.
I like to eat skinless chicken breasts, hard boiled egg whites
and low carb/calorie protein shakes.

Good luck…

JFootin
10-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Thanks!

quikduk
10-08-2011, 07:17 PM
1) Keep a food journal.
It can really help get a handle on your calorie intake.

2) Eat small and often.
I eat every 2 hours for about 12 hours a day.
But I work out a lot.

3) Use a 12 hour time release protein drink.
This reallhy helps curb my appetite.

4) Super clean diet with lots and lots of water.
I like to eat skinless chicken breasts, hard boiled egg whites
and low carb/calorie protein shakes.

Good luck…

I have a similar physique (similar to who?!) except I eat whatever I want, just in smaller quantities. :lie: