PDA

View Full Version : Ruger P95

PaiN
01-05-2010, 04:22 AM
Looking for that reliable, full size, hi-cap, 9mm pistol basically to be a go to gun if SHTF and to make me comfortable that I have a full size pistol on hand......
I figured it would be a while(later this year) as I scrape together $500-700 for a decent Glock or similar setup....Then I ran across this NIB deal locally Ruger P95 $269 (http://www.hoffgun.com/specials.htm) !
I've never looked to much at Ruger autos but at this price...I had to look. I haven't actually put my hands on one yet(I may totally hate the feel) but I've been doing my net research and its hard to find a bad thing said about the P95. My #1 concern in a pistol is reliability...the the P95 has gat that in droves.
So, NIB with (2) 15round mags and a speed loader for $285(6% CT tax) out the door....I could get one this week w/ a holster ;)
Unless I get talked out of it.

woodman
01-05-2010, 06:15 AM
Sounds like a great deal to me.
I have handled the SR9 and loved the feel, slimmest double stack I have ever held and the grip angle is good. No experience with the P95 though.

PaiN
01-05-2010, 07:17 AM
I just called the store thinking maybe its a "hook" to get people in. But the salesman said "we have more than afew and yes the price is $269"
Tomorrow is my day off :cool:

jfrey
01-05-2010, 08:37 AM
I had a KP95 years back and hated the trigger on it. There was so much difference between the DA and SA pulls I never got used to it. Finally sold it and got something else. Much rather have my CW9 instead.

jocko
01-05-2010, 09:14 AM
I just called the store thinking maybe its a "hook" to get people in. But the salesman said "we have more than afew and yes the price is $269"
Tomorrow is my day off :cool:

a great gun and that is just one hell of a great price.:yo:

PaiN
01-05-2010, 09:26 AM
I had a KP95 years back and hated the trigger on it. There was so much difference between the DA and SA pulls I never got used to it. Finally sold it and got something else. Much rather have my CW9 instead.
That is one thing I have read about the Ruger autos(revs too for that matter) I guess I'll find out when I go handle one. I'm not going to be too fussy though, this pistol is not going to be used much, essentially it will be a back up to my P9 and not going to see much light of day. At $269 I'll make sure it works then safe it until needed

dagray
01-05-2010, 07:39 PM
I am very new to shooting (about 9 months) & the Ruger P95 has been my first purchase.

I initially had difficulty with a loose extractor pin and the spent casing would not expel from the gun causing it to jam. The dealer where the gun was purchased made an adjustment & most of the time it works great. My gun does seem to be touchy with ammo. Winchester FMJ seems to work the best for me.

Lately I have had slight difficulty with the last 2 rounds in the magazine stove piping. I may need to send it back to Ruger to have them take a look at it, but from everything I have heard they stand behind their products wonderfully.

I still really like the gun though & it was a great deal. I got my gun, 2 magazines, a speed loader, lock & hard case.

Good Luck ... hope this info helps.

greenjeans
01-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Great pistols. I have a very early one and never a problem of any kind. Easy to maintain, reliable and sufficiently accurate (shoots better than me). You won't be disappointed.

PaiN
01-07-2010, 09:24 AM
I never did make it out to see the P95, "something else came up" :rolleyes:

Which, will require futher explanation sometime this weekend...stay turned :hungry:

PaiN
01-10-2010, 12:59 PM
As I said above, I had intended to buy a Ruger P95 and was about to head out last Sunday and get one with ~500rounds of 9mm, but I got delayed and never made it. Being stuck home I was haunting some local forums when I saw a thread pop up with a over 1000rounds of 9mm(900 FMJ / 116 +P JHP) and a green/black Taurus PT 24/7 Pro DS for sale. The poster stated he changed his carry caliber and the pistol is 3mo old with 500 flawless rounds through. He just wanted to move it to recoop some of the money he spent going to .45. After a little wheel & deal we agreed on $500! for the package :)
I picked the package up this morning and I have to say I'm impressed. This Taurus feels great and is as solid as a rock, the trigger is also really crisp. I did do research on the 24/7 Pro before jumping and most have postive things to say on them, plus this one comes pre-tested ;)
I'll post some pics later...

Bawanna
01-10-2010, 01:58 PM
They say good things come to he that waits or some such thing, it seldom works for me, I'm normally a poster child for ya snooze ya loose but sounds like you got a really good deal. I don't own one but they do feel really good in the hand and should surely fill the bill on all your original criteria. Doubt it will end up being a safe queen.
Enjoy.:blah:

swampman
01-10-2010, 02:15 PM
I own a p95 & p97,they are rugged/reliable,accurate & big,only drawback is polymer rails,I use them as a truck gun,but would trust my life with them/the p95 & p97 are baisicly the same gun.:D

PaiN
01-10-2010, 04:45 PM
pics of my new to me PT 24/7 Pro DS in olive/black
I really like this pistol, the more I handle it, the more can't wait to shoot it....range report to come.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x298/Mikepain_pics/DSC02403.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x298/Mikepain_pics/DSC02402.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x298/Mikepain_pics/DSC02400.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x298/Mikepain_pics/DSC02401.jpg

Bawanna
01-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Sweet.:D