PDA

View Full Version : *Problem solved*new CW9 trigger works fine now.

mywytefeet
09-27-2011, 09:39 PM
UPDATE: I decided to re-clean my CW9, detail stripping the entire slide and cleaning out every nook and cranny. I also took care in cleaning out the lower. After the detail cleaning, I could not replicate the issue (thankfully.)

Just got back from the range after shooting 200 rounds of 115gr S&B ball ammo and 35 rounds Winchester Ranger 124gr +P JHPs. The only issue I found was that two of the Winchester Ranger rounds did not fire when the primer was hit (light strike? Or hard primer? Not sure) All S&B ran perfectly as well as the JHPs (minus the two that didn't fire--they did fire when I reloaded the rounds a second time.)

I shoot this gun way better than I ever shot my GLOCK! I am a believer now! I am absolutely amazed with the Kahr trigger and the groups I got from my CW9.

My new carry gun!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just picked up my CW9. After cleaning it and putting it back together, I did some function tests. I noticed that when I held the trigger, racked the slide, and slowly released the trigger, it would not reset. I could do the same thing but let go of the trigger so it kind of flicks forward and it will reset. I could also do the same thing but act like I am shooting fast and it resets. When I am acting as though I would be slow shooting (releasing the trigger slowly,) it does not reset. I could even put the slightest pressure forward on the trigger and it would reset. Being that I have not shot the gun at all, I was wondering if I should give it the 200 round break-in and see if it solves anything, or if this warrants sending off to Kahr.

Thanks for your advice.

BEARDOG
09-28-2011, 06:44 AM
I would definitely try to shoot it. The whole gun will loosen up and work better the more you shoot it. That may fix your problem.

I seriously doubt Kahr would want it back at this point, when you have not even tried to shoot it??? If you try to shoot the gun and then have trouble, I am sure they will take care of it then.

ripley16
09-28-2011, 07:42 AM
It should reset whether you release the trigger fast or slow. I'm thinking some goo is catching and preventing the trigger bar from completing it's cycle and going slowly exacerbates a moderately tight trigger bar. Be sure the rear of the trigger bar, the part that is visible at the right rear of the slide, (directly under the rear sight), is very clean, with no obstructions or heavy amounts of grease.

mywytefeet
09-30-2011, 03:36 PM
Updated! CW9 works GREAT! So Stoked!

espresso
09-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Cool thats great! It's will smooth out real nice after a few range sesions

jocko
09-30-2011, 04:16 PM
funny what a few hundred rounds does for some guns..

PitBull
10-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Sounds a little like my issue.
I bought a slightly used CW9 a few months ago.
First time out I put 150 rds through it and it shot fine at first then started having trigger re-set issues that got worse the more rounds I put through it.
This was even if I took my finger completely OFF the trigger.

I found a Youtube video on how to take the slide completely apart and I did that. All the guts were taken out and thoroughly cleaned and the slide hosed out thoroughly with brake cleaner.

Next trip to the range it ran fine and the trip after that, too.

The third trip it was having the same issues so once again the slide came apart at home and was once again given the brake cleaner treatment.

Last trip to the range after that it ran fine, again.

All I do with the frame is wipe of the grit and residue and give it a blast with canned air.

I get the impression that it's the striker/firing pin assembly that's causing the issues. Maybe too close of a fit with the internal parts so a little bit of grit and powder residue is accumulating and causing this reset issue. I shouldn't have to be taking the slide apart that often. This has NEVER happened with my two Glocks and they have a fairly similar striker type firing mechanism.

When this re-set issue crops up I can whack the back of the slide with my hand and it'll reset then. It is not a case of the slide not going back into battery by itself because it always does. I think it just needs something to knock the striker/firing pin assembly loose. It takes harder and harder beatings on the back of the slide as the re-set issue worsens during shooting sessions.