PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Intro

vmo
01-10-2010, 09:50 AM
I just found this forum, and am so very happy. I have been checking out GT's Kahr forum, but felt that it was a less than stellar site. I have owned and shot Kahr's for 6 or 7 years and am a firm supporter of the brand. I started with K9, and then a K40, then a couple of K40 Coverts. I tried to pocket carry them, but walked in large circles. The Kahrs never seemed to make the move to carry. Too heavy, or too big for the end result. I bought a PM45! Wow! This is great. Very accurate, easy to carry, reasonable recoil, and a total package (weight x power x size) that will definately replace the .380 Guardian that lived in my pocket. I carry a Para P-14 or a XD 45 Compact as a primary. Glad to be here, and I hope to be a productive member, and at the same time benefit from all of your experience. 55 y/o vet, with a gun, not a democrat, from Texas!

ripley16
01-10-2010, 10:07 AM
55 y/o vet, with a gun, not a democrat, from Texas!

My kind of guy. ;)

Welcome to the forum.

Careful about the GT comments...many of us cohabitate. :o

Nitro700
01-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Welcome, nice to see another person from Texas on here, hope you enjoy!

Dietrich
01-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Big welcome to ya from North Carolina.I think that you`ll find the people on this forum to be without peers when it comes to friendliness and a willingness to help.Tons of information and experience are at your fingertips,along with some good natured kidding at times.Make yourself at home. :yo:

zena
01-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Welcome, vmo! This forum seems to be growing in leaps and bounds. Always great to see a new name showing up. Lots of great techie info and some really fun people to "play" with. Join in!

mr surveyor
01-10-2010, 07:19 PM
hhhmmmm.... we do seem to have a good representation of Texans around here:)