PDA

View Full Version : TP9 Slide tilt while squeezing trigger

xdsc9g30
10-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Hello... First post here figured I'd get some input from people who normally shoot these pistols.

I just bought a like new TP9, haven't fired it yet. While I was fondling the pistol getting used to it I noticed that while pulling the trigger there the frame tilts to the left. Meaning the left back bottom edge of the slide will touch the frame while the front stays put. The right back bottom of the frame stays put as well.

Is this normal for Kahr pistols or should it be sent back?

GOOFA
10-20-2011, 12:31 AM
That seems to be normal on some Kahrs. I have 3 or 4 that do that. I believe that has something to do with the cocking cam and the frame to slide fit. Nothing to worry about.

jocko
10-20-2011, 04:16 AM
shoot the gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ripley16
10-20-2011, 04:58 AM
A fact of life in striker fired pistols is that the mechanism in the frame reacts with and acts on the mechanism in the slide, as opposed to a hammer fired pistol that has exclusive operations until the hammer falls. It is annoying but hard to say it affects accuracy to any measurable degree. Nothing unusual in a Kahr.

jocko
10-20-2011, 05:09 AM
ur right but I think his question is alittle confusing. I cannot see that frame "torquing" but I can see the slide lifting and possable giving that illusion, due to the trigger bar now pulling back the cocking cam which will raise the rear of the slide a tad.

xdsc9g30
10-20-2011, 07:50 AM
I haven't seen any other pistol do this which is why it worried me. My friend has a P380 and I have some other striker fired pistols that don't. It made me wonder if maybe the frame was warped a little or worn down to the point that the slide to drame fit was terrible. I will be shooting it Tuesday since that is my next day off I think.

Jocko- it is torquing, it is very obvious when you feel both sides of the slide at once while squeezing back the trigger to the point where mechanisms start to engage but not far enough to allow the striker to release. Or you can watch the rear of the pistol just under the slide cover is and you can visibly see it.

xdsc9g30
10-20-2011, 11:39 AM
Awesome, thank you for the responses everyone.

I loved shooting the P380 so when I saw this at a shop for a great price I had to pick it up. Something about the trigger on a Kahr is amazing.