PDA

View Full Version : Got my CCW permit in the mail today!

Husky44
10-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Now I'm legal to CC. Oh, wait, I was already! No requirement for the permit in AK, but it is useful when I leave the state. Except my next two trips outside are to IL and NY one weekend, and OR the next.

Geez, with itineraries like that, you'd think I must be a card carrying liberal.:D

Scoundrel
10-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Oregon is notoriously non-cooperative with reciprocity, I've heard really nasty things about Illinois on this forum, and I've heard that NY is pretty restrictive, too. So what CCW did you get that would let you carry in those states?

TheTman
10-21-2011, 09:36 PM
Congrats Husky! You can carry in Kansas if you ever come this way.

MikeyKahr
10-21-2011, 11:14 PM
So what CCW did you get that would let you carry in those states?
No ccw exists that is valid in IL not even an IL one as they're non-existent! And if you thought Oregon was noncooperative for reciprocity you should see New York!

Sent using Tapatalk

Scoundrel
10-21-2011, 11:16 PM
Wait a sec, reading his post more carefully, he says except that his next trips are to those states. Now that I uncross my eyes and read it properly, it makes a lot more sense.

Shutting up now...

Husky44
10-21-2011, 11:33 PM
Yeah, kind of a bummer. Guess I'll have to get the office to send me to TX just so I can use it... But from what I've read on here, everyone's paranoid about accidentally showing your concealed weapon down there.

I really do like AK! Concealed, open, in your console, on your dash.... No big deal here! If I ever move back to the L48 I'm going to have to really start thinking about where I'm going.

wm36
10-22-2011, 01:51 AM
Now I'm legal to CC. Oh, wait, I was already! No requirement for the permit in AK, but it is useful when I leave the state. Except my next two trips outside are to IL and NY one weekend, and OR the next.:D

Enjoy your trip out here to Oregon. Hope you make it while our beautiful fall weather is still here. Winter rains haven't set in yet, but they're getting close! :(

tv_racin_fan
10-22-2011, 04:08 AM
They aint paranoid about showing your piece in Texas nor Georgia as far as I know.

In Georgia you need the permit to carry but with the permit you can carry how you like. My son and I open carry now and again.

Husky44
10-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Enjoy your trip out here to Oregon. Hope you make it while our beautiful fall weather is still here. Winter rains haven't set in yet, but they're getting close! :(

wm36: What part of OR are you in? We're going to spend about 5 days in the Willamette Valley, mainly Salem area (because that's where my buddy's house is). We're actually coming down to check out the area to see if it's someplace we might consider living.

As much as I love AK's gun laws, I'm about ready to move out. Winters are wearing on me (used to look forward to them), and the cost of living is just too high. I make good money, but work way too hard to do so. Looking for someplace with nicer summers, milder and shorter winters, and a cost of living where we could get by on my military retirement if we chose to.

We lived in Olympia, WA, for 2 years while I was stationed at FT Lewis, so I know what PNW rain is like. I'm under the impression that Salem doesn't get as much as Oly did. If it does, that might be a deal-breaker.

wm36
10-23-2011, 10:51 AM
wm36: What part of OR are you in? We're going to spend about 5 days in the Willamette Valley, mainly Salem area (because that's where my buddy's house is). We're actually coming down to check out the area to see if it's someplace we might consider living.

As much as I love AK's gun laws, I'm about ready to move out. Winters are wearing on me (used to look forward to them), and the cost of living is just too high. I make good money, but work way too hard to do so. Looking for someplace with nicer summers, milder and shorter winters, and a cost of living where we could get by on my military retirement if we chose to.

We lived in Olympia, WA, for 2 years while I was stationed at FT Lewis, so I know what PNW rain is like. I'm under the impression that Salem doesn't get as much as Oly did. If it does, that might be a deal-breaker.

I'm in the Portland area. Lived here for 30+ years. Love it here. The winter weather can be a bit wearing, but I've learned to deal with it. Can't beat the summer weather. It can take a while to get started some years, but it usually lasts into September.

Don't know about this area vs. Olympia. I know we are a bit drier than Seattle, but not sure how that compares to Oly.

Enjoy your visit!
- Wayne