View Full Version : New "Baby" UpLula coming!

wyntrout
01-17-2010, 09:36 AM
I was getting the link for UpLula for my son and found that they are going to make a smaller version that will handle .22 up to .380! Coming in March:
maglula Ltd. - The world's #1 magazine loaders and unloaders ! (http://maglula.tripod.com/BabyUpLULA.htm)
I can't wait to get one of those. Maybe I'll have my P380 by then. Loading .22 the other day at the range really sucked, so I didn't shoot much .22. I was thinking of trying to make a .22 loader by trimming down an HKS loader, but this will be much better!
Wynn:D

mx5fan
01-17-2010, 09:50 AM
Awesome, thank you for sharing wnytrout. If it will work on a Ruger MK III (22/45) I will definitely get one.

medezyner
01-17-2010, 09:52 AM
yup, this product is high on the priority list. That UpLula is the greatest thing since beer and I'm sure this smaller one will be a hit. Gave away all my other loaders. Thanks for the link.

wyntrout
01-17-2010, 10:11 AM
You're welcome. It's fun sharing stuff like that. I was going to try to modify an HKS for .22, but I'll wait and the HKS's will go on the table at my next garage sale.
Has anyone tried the UpLula with the P380 clips? After this new "Baby version" announcement that it will work for .22 up to .380, I wonder if the large one will work on the .380. Well, I may not have the gun, yet, but I do have the spare magazine and ammo. I guess that I could answer my own question.
I don't know if you've caught my "promotion" of Tactical Kydex or not, but he seems to make a terrific product for an unbelievable price -- 2 mag holders for $16 shipped and a double for $21 shipped. Somebody send him a Kahr .45 mag so he can make a mold and start making those. I sent him a P380 mag and ordered a pair each of 9mm and .380 IWB mag holders and one of each OWB, so far. It only adds $1.50 for him to ship a specific magazine back to you. I'd like to get a set for the PM45 before he starts charging what they are worth!
It's his hobby now! Check this out. There's a YouTube video by a customer showing his collection of 2 dozen or so!
Kydex magazine holders - Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1122507)

I just tried the UpLula on a .380 mag and it works, but the metal ramp has to stay forward of the magazine lips. You just need to be more deliberate and watch that, but it works!

I also tried something else that I've been wondering about. I emptied a K9 7-round mag and my PM9 6-round mag and then tried the K9's base plate on the PM9 mag -- doesn't fit in the magazine well. Oh well, it wasn't really going to add much to the available grip, anyhow. I just don't like the added size and look of the Pierce base plates. I may carry a larger capacity mag for a spare, but I want to get some more flush-fitting mags as that will hopefully be the only one used in self-defense (unless I get in some kind of firefight! :eek:) and I want to be used to that grip.

medezyner
01-17-2010, 10:38 AM
The UpLula works with my .380 Kel-tec mags, but I think the baby version will feel like it's made for it, a better fit. I had some HKS & Cambi loaders...all gone.
Tactical Kydex: You cant wrong for the price of those mag holders. I think his hobby is about to become his main income if he keeps it up. All the power to him. My wife points out that I've got 30 years experience designing products - why cant I come out with stuff like that? Ya, right after I build the ground deck, painting trim and finishing the basement!

mx5fan
01-17-2010, 10:41 AM
I just sent tactical kydex an email for Kahr Mag holders...great deal for 16.00. Thanks Wynn for another great link....keep em coming :target:

wyntrout
01-17-2010, 11:09 AM
You're certainly welcome. Mitchell at TK is going to be overwhelmed by the Kahr response, I think. He works in aviation. I'm not sure if he's in the military, but this "hobby" has to keep him busy!

Raoul
01-17-2010, 11:15 AM
How about a sticky for Kahr accessory products? Or did I overlook that?

wyntrout
01-17-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm not sure what you mean. It would be nice to have these things listed in a place readily accessible to anyone seeking such. If I can do that, I don't know how, and haven't done that before.
Wynn

Raoul
01-17-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm not sure what you mean. It would be nice to have these things listed in a place readily accessible to anyone seeking such. If I can do that, I don't know how, and haven't done that before.
Wynn

It's something admin would have to do.

wyntrout
01-17-2010, 11:59 AM
Hello, Admin. Would you please post a "sticky" for the Tactical Kydex magazine holders:
Kydex magazine holders - Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1122507)

and the UpLula site, if not already done?

maglula Ltd. - The world's #1 magazine loaders and unloaders !

This is a good place to check the UpLulas out, but maybe not the best price or deal.

Wynn:)

Raoul
01-17-2010, 12:14 PM
It could be titles something like Kahr Accesories. Good place for holsters, mags, etc that we find on the net.

wyntrout
01-17-2010, 12:47 PM
It could be titles something like Kahr Accesories. Good place for holsters, mags, etc that we find on the net.

That's a very good idea. It's hard to find things sometimes. A central sub-forum or something would be really helpful. I said something about that earlier. News and deals, etc., found by members. It would make a good place to check whenever you came to the forum. As I also mentioned, I tried to use that "Private"?? " KahrTalk News
Forum for posting news of interest to members." No posts there, but I know some news and finds would benefit a lot of members.
Wynn:)

a.squibload
03-08-2010, 12:55 AM
Just checked that Kydex thread on Glocktalk, as of 3-2 he took a vacation
from making the mag holders.
Said he will post a new thread when he gets back on track, estimating
3-10-10.
His name on Glocktalk is "Tactical Kydex".

wyntrout
03-11-2010, 08:39 AM
Now coming in April. I like the "un-loader" feature. Trouble with these magazines:

* Does NOT load properly:

Ruger M9 Old style MKI .22 (Angle of the mags' lips is too steep)

Ruger 22/45 .22 (Angle of the mags' lips is too steep)

S&W 22A/22S (Large side protrusion)

Walther P22 (Large side protrusion)

It will work with my TPH, though.

Update and video on Baby UpLula:

maglula Ltd. - The world's #1 magazine loaders and unloaders ! (http://maglula.tripod.com/BabyUpLULA.htm)

Wynn

wyntrout
03-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Just checked that Kydex thread on Glocktalk, as of 3-2 he took a vacation
from making the mag holders.
Said he will post a new thread when he gets back on track, estimating
3-10-10.
His name on Glocktalk is "Tactical Kydex".

For pocket and quick carry --
I ordered 2 of the IWB and one OWB for each caliber. (My order was for 2xIWB each 9mm and .380, and one each OWB for each 9mm and .380 or 3 x $16 = $48 delivered) I used scissors to cut the clip off and then a razor knife to trim where I cut. I then used a butane mini torch to rapidly play the blue flame across the cut to smooth it -- don't be slow with this. My first pass was pretty fast and just right for smoothing the cut. To be safe, you can practice on the clip that you cut off.

This makes and excellent pocket magazine holder that is adjustable for retention. You can't beat the price.
Added pix on this post:

http://kahrtalk.com/holsters-gear/996-pix-new-tactical-kydex-mag-holders.html#post14348

a.squibload
03-11-2010, 11:58 AM
Looks good, I assume you just grab it and thumb the holder off of the mag.
That would be a lot better than fumbling around in my pocket trying to
figure out the orientation of the mag. I'm still a little skittish about having
clips on my belt, normally have shirt tucked. Maybe he'll develop a tuckable
clip. Looks like there's not much clip visible anyway.

Saw the mini-uplula vid, that's a great little machine but might spoil ya,
what do you do if you don't have the loader? Might get one anyway...A.

PS wife is gonna love this smilie...:popcorn:

wyntrout
03-11-2010, 12:19 PM
I'll post the answer on the link below:

http://kahrtalk.com/holsters-gear/996-pix-new-tactical-kydex-mag-holders.html#post14370

Wynn