PDA

View Full Version : Try it out!

casecloer44
09-04-2009, 06:43 PM
Hey all,
I am looking to buy a pm45. I am getting it at a steal for $509 . However, I am concerned about 2 things..... the 200 rd break in period and I can not find anywhere to try one out! I live in South East TN so if anyone knows of a dealer that has a try before you buy range, let me know. Also, the issue with 200 rd break in .............with that is I want to know is it going to be a bear to shoot for the first 200-jams?-etc.
Thanks for any help

WWhunter
09-05-2009, 07:42 AM
I'll make you a deal.....go buy it for the $509 and try it. If you don't like it I WILL give you your money back. Just let me know and I will buy it.
I have one already and my son wants one also. They are not bad to shoot and if you rack the slide a bunch of times while watching the boob tube you can aleviate some of the break-in issues. I did this with mine and have had ZERO problems with it. Granted, I bought it used but the previous owner stated less than a box of ammo was shot through it.
WW

casecloer44
09-05-2009, 12:42 PM
HaHa I bet you would like that deal! I know every where I look I can't find one under 650.00 thanks

dollarguy
09-05-2009, 12:44 PM
Hey all,
I am looking to buy a pm45. I am getting it at a steal for $509 . However, I am concerned about 2 things..... the 200 rd break in period and I can not find anywhere to try one out! I live in South East TN so if anyone knows of a dealer that has a try before you buy range, let me know. Also, the issue with 200 rd break in .............with that is I want to know is it going to be a bear to shoot for the first 200-jams?-etc.
Thanks for any help

==================================================
I have shot my new PM9 twice with zero failures of any kind. Total rounds are 300. One thing that has changed is field striping and reassembly is a lot more easier than the first time. I thought my hands were going to be broken that first time. I always field strip and clean a new gun one time before shooting, as well as cleaning after each shooting event. The only time I skip the cleaning is when I know I will be shooting more than once in a week.

RATHD
09-06-2009, 10:09 AM
I bought my PM45 new. The first time i shot it i had several jams and failures to feed. This condition stoped after only about 50 rnds. I have put about 200 rds snice then with both factory and reloads (no lead buttets) with no problem's.