PDA

View Full Version : Kahr K9 vs. Kahr K9 Elite

ferrariboy4
12-10-2011, 11:36 AM
I wanna get a Kahr K9 here in the near future. I was curious about the Standard model and the Elite model. I have read what the differences between the two models are. But how shiny or bright is the polished look of the Elite model. I'm a simple guy, I don't want a pistol that looks like I got it from some gaudy drug kingpin. http://glocktalk.com/forums/images/smilies/sunnies.gif Does anyone have a side by side picture to show me the difference in the two finishes. Also can anyone give me the real scoop on the NYPD trigger? If I get the standard K9 how do I ensure that I DON'T get the NYPD trigger. C'mon people some one sell me...Standard, Elite, NYPD, regular trigger?

Thanks, for your time.

jocko
12-10-2011, 12:48 PM
IMJO buy the K9094 K9 with black dlc fiish, that comes withyt he elite triger msrp around 890$, u can do alot better from places like Buds ertc.

The K9093 is also with the elite trigger.

Most all model K9's today come with the elite trigger. the box itself should indicate if u have the NYPD trigger. The K9 elite series which retails for arund $932 is certainly not gaudy, but for me yes it is. i like the looks of the black (dlc) finish K9. the different in the NYPD k9 is the trigger travel is 1/2", where as the elite triger is 3/8" travel. trigger poundage is the same. no difference internally in any of them..

If the model # ends with a C after it, then it has the NYPD trigger. look for the C or lack of the C on the box..

ferrariboy4
12-10-2011, 01:09 PM
IMJO buy the K9094 K9 with black dlc fiish, that comes withyt he elite triger msrp around 890$, u can do alot better from places like Buds ertc.

The K9093 is also with the elite trigger.

Most all model K9's today come with the elite trigger. the box itself should indicate if u have the NYPD trigger. The K9 elite series which retails for arund $932 is certainly not gaudy, but for me yes it is. i like the looks of the black (dlc) finish K9. the different in the NYPD k9 is the trigger travel is 1/2", where as the elite triger is 3/8" travel. trigger poundage is the same. no difference internally in any of them..

If the model # ends with a C after it, then it has the NYPD trigger. look for the C or lack of the C on the box..

Thanks for the info. I've read online about people being sent K9's with the NY trigger regardless of what model number they've ordered. Any truth to this or is it just internet rumor. I had a K40 that I really liked, but want to get a K9 now...just want to make sure i get the original (not NYPD) trigger.

jocko
12-10-2011, 01:16 PM
does't make sense to me but hell anything can happen. all kahrs have a model number and some "letter" prefix usually after them indicating things like dlc finish, night sights , nypd trigger etc. It IMO takes a very very good shooter to distingusih between the nypd trigger and elite trigger. I have the K9 nypd trigger and i have the pM9 with elite trigger and I cannot tell the difference. I actualy shoot the K9 better but being a bigger gun and all steel I think gives me an advantage over my lightweight PM9, but I love both triggers. I bought my K9 used so I knew what I was getting to. If I was going to plop down bucks for a new k9 I would get exactly what I want, in finish, sights and trigger. I am very fond of the K9 in the black DLC finish, just to me looks like a fightin gun. Harder to find that gun though, so places like Buds who sells hundreds of kahrs would be your best bet, unless u have a good locl gun shop that wants to do the legwork for you. Take ur time do it right, then u will never look back...

if u go to the kahr arms webb site and hit on pistols and then hit on page 3 and scroll on down towards the bottom,,, it will show u kahrs model numbers as far as what each number and letter means.

ripley16
12-10-2011, 04:11 PM
I've had both triggers and prefer the shorter trigger. My newest K9 was originally equiped with the NYPD trigger from the factory, model K9093NAC, but had the trigger switched out at the factory for the elite trigger. It is by a good measure the best, smoothest trigger of all the Kahrs I've owned. Why exactly I can't say but they did excellent work in the swap, but it does come at a cost.

harrydog
12-20-2011, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the info. I've read online about people being sent K9's with the NY trigger regardless of what model number they've ordered. Any truth to this or is it just internet rumor. I had a K40 that I really liked, but want to get a K9 now...just want to make sure i get the original (not NYPD) trigger.
I ordered a K9 through my local gun shop, maybe 6 months ago or so. I didn't specify the elite trigger when I ordered it because I didn't think they were selling NYPD triggers any more but....it turned out to be the NYPD trigger. I didn't pay any attention to it when I picked it up and didn't realize it was the NYPD trigger until weeks later.
Given the choice I'd take the elite trigger but I don't find the NYPD trigger to be bad at all. I don't find a big difference between them.

kpm9
12-23-2011, 09:16 AM

Like jock stated...but much cheaper.

http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=9964

I'm your huckleberry. ;)

Inspiribomb
12-24-2011, 08:04 AM
The Kahr Elite models are not blinged out by any means. I mirror-polished a K40 Covert and it would put the Kahr "mirror polished" slide to shame (there are probably pictures somewhere around here). The Elite models also have a beveled magwell, and I believe have nicer engravings.

Regarding the trigger, I would see if you can try both and then order/buy the one you want. Driving out that trigger pin is NOT a fun task if you have to change triggers.