Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Promag 10 round Kahr magazines?

Question Promag 10 round Kahr magazines?

I was looking to see who had the best deal on official Kahr 8 round 9mm magazines,
    And I saw that ProMag made some 10 Rounders.

That would be some real firepower for a backup mag,
    that is if it actually functions.

Has anyone had any experience with them?

What the hell is wrong with that crybaby that bought the used "new" K40? Look at all of the money he spent on cosmetic crap... fluted barrel?...WT#... $140 SS guide rod??!... adjustable rear sight! He obviously wanted another pistol! Then he bought a Taurus Millennium .45. I considered those years ago because I wanted a compact .45, but I saw nothing but trouble with them in online reports. The plastic frames were falling apart on the first trip to the range.
    I'm looking forward to getting a PM45 within a few months. Justin Moon has kind of perfected the polymer frame with his innovations.

Oh, back to the subject of Kahr magazines -- I had problems with the PM9 7-round and the K9 7-round magazines in the PM9, but none with the 6-round, flush fitting magazine. So, I bought two more of the ones that worked best.

I am kind of worried that I just filled both guns and magazines with Remington 124gr GS that are a tight fit length-wise in the Kahr magazines... without thorough testing. I only shot one box of 25 with no problems.
    Long-winded as usual....
    Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post

Oh, back to the subject of Kahr magazines -- I had problems with the PM9 7-round and the K9 7-round magazines in the PM9, but none with the 6-round, flush fitting magazine. So, I bought two more of the ones that worked best.
    Hmm. Curious. I had the same issue with PM 40 mags.

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    I am kind of worried that I just filled both guns and magazines with Remington 124gr GS that are a tight fit length-wise in the Kahr magazines... without thorough testing. I only shot one box of 25 with no problems.
    Long-winded as usual....Wynn
    Only one thing to do. Go put your booger hook on the bang switch an pulllll.

Personally....I emphasize that....I wouldn't use ProMags in anything. I stick with oem mags in every handgun I own except 1911's.
    NRA Benefactor

"Only one thing to do. Go put your booger hook on the bang switch an pulllll." That's a new one!
    Yeah, I plan on doing that when I get my Double Tap +P 124gr JHP ammo in next week. Some say that the bullet is the Gold Dot?? I'm gonna try those and see if I can use them for defense loads.
    Wynn
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

promags are NOT worth even the cost of shipping and handling. Buy only quality mags and save your money. I would prefer to have only 2 oem or high quality magazines for each firearm than have a dozen promags for each.

that's just my opinion, your's may vary

surv

I've used ProMags for a couple of different guns but not Kahrs. I've used them for the Ruger LCP's and the Bersa Thunder .380
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

I-Y-G

http://designlinetx.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    promags are NOT worth even the cost of shipping and handling. Buy only quality mags and save your money. I would prefer to have only 2 oem or high quality magazines for each firearm than have a dozen promags for each.

that's just my opinion, your's may vary

surv
    Ooppps. I bought two of them, for the price of one Kahr factory, but my intention is for the range, I already have 4 Kahrs factory. Man does things are expensive.

A Conceal Carry Handgun Must Meet a Minimum of Four Conditions:
    1) It must be utterly reliable.
    2) It should be compact enough to be carried concealed for long periods of time.
    3) It should have a very simple operating drill.
    4) It should fire a cartridge of sufficient power.

And... have you seen the new parts kits for magazines, etc. at Kahr? And the price plus shipping for the magazine base plate parts? I bought my last couple batches of spares from CTD at just under $30 each plus shipping -- best in-stock deal I could find. I'm "thrifty" about a lot of things, but can blow $100 out the barrels of my guns on one range visit! I'll be glad when I can shoot mostly range fodder!
    Wynn

Thomas Jefferson said

and