Crimsontrace   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reloading Bench...What are you using?

Default Reloading Bench...What are you using?

Well, I decided to try my hand at carpentry on the hottest day in quite awhile [IMG]http://img.***********/forums/images/smilies/icon_evil.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://img.***********/forums/images/smilies/icon_evil.gif[/IMG] . I also suck at woodworking so I was prepared to be screwing something up [IMG]http://img.***********/forums/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif[/IMG]. I had a bunch of lumber laying around and went to Lowes to grab some 2 x 4's and wood screws. Here is the end result after 4 hours and multiple breaks and breaking the kids up from fighting [IMG]http://img.***********/forums/images/smilies/icon_evil.gif[/IMG] . I'm on kid duty this weekend too...Well, here it is it's 2x4x3 and many mistakes (need to put something under one of the back legs to stability)...Now, I just need to get my Hornady stuff put on it, but it's time for a cold one, so that will have to wait!!! What are you using, if you don't mind my asking?

NRA Member.."Please support, if you don't already"
    "Punish the deed, not the breed"
    "I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it."

Mine is a portable bench consisting of a 2X8 18" long that clamps to a desk. I holds the press and powder measure while the scale sits on the desk. My press is a single stage RCBS. It's sets up and breaks down in under 5 minutes and stores in a closet.
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

Reloads for kahr 380&9mm. .355 TMJ's (1000 @ 74$)are working great. Also have the cheap bench mount lee press 24$...The LEE ergo primer has worked great. I have free brass.

great selection of topic i really like it i like the fourms thats about weapons
    SEO seo techniques / learn seo / seo tutorial / seo training
    Last edited by alijutt8; 05-30-2012 at 11:32 PM.

Here is mine. Made of slavaged 2" square steel tubing, integrated a mount for the tool box. The steel enclosures on the wall store supplies and completed rounds.

Actually kind of a funny consequence of building this bench; after I put it in my basement I decided the basement was to junky to enjoy spending any time in. So I ended up totaly remodeling the basement - new HVAC and controls for the baement, plumbing, electrical, alrarm system redone.

I built a dedicated reloading/craft room, a home theater room and a dedicated closet for the gun safe. All told I figure this bench cost me about $8000 - $10,000 and three months of my life And I have not had a chance to load my first round yet either

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin. (1706 - 1790)

Very nice. Expensive collateral damage but has to be nice and well worth your efforts and pay checks. Why does it always have to be about money.

it's only money, hope that doesn't sound like I got much, that would be more than a little white lie.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

A friend of mine made his reloading bench from an office desk that he bought for a song from a school that was being torn down in our area. I think that he paid $10 for it. It's made of steel and it has 4 lockable drawers. Very solid. The top measures about 4' X 5'.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

I've loaded on everything from a GI foot locker to a heavy as heck 6'X3' bench made of 2X6's and 4X4's. For the last ten years I've been using a cabinet/bench a woodworking buddy made for me. Measuring 36"X18" it holds the single stage Bonanza press that I've used for 30 years along with my RCBS uniflow and Bonanza scale. I has just enough surface area to load without being cramped and adequate storage for the supplies and components for the six calibers I load for.

I'm using a 5 foot Craftsman workbench with a 1-1/2" thick MDF top. It also has the lighted back panel with metal peg board for tool holders.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I made a heavy wood top to clamp into my old B&D Workmate. Works well for me and is portable.