Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: booze and bullets?

Default booze and bullets?

I am the Living Man

Kind of a double edged deal to me. A person goes to shoot, gets done, has a few drinks.....but he still has guns in the car that need cleaning or to be put away at minimum. Not to mention the drive home.

I'd have to go with I'm not on board with the idea myself.

Fixed your title, you must have had one too many when you made the post.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Bad idea any way I look at it.

We already (hopefully) make accommodations for designated drivers...
    So now what...designated gun handlers?

Booze and guns do not mix. So the difficulty is in how to logistically keep them separated... With or without ranges with liquor licenses...
    ​O|||||||O

Oklahoma law prohibits carrying a weapon into any establishment that derives its primary source of income from selling alcoholic beverages (bars). It is legal to carry in establishments that sell alcohol but is not the primary income source (restaurants).
    In this case, the restaurant happens to be attached to a gun range.

Another episode of sensationalizing a story. They emphasize the fact that there is an alcohol serving restaurant attached to a gun range. They don't mention the fact that a person can legally drink alcohol in any restaurant in the state while carrying, while this restaurant specifically forbids drinking while carrying.

Good point, if they stick to the plan.

I agree it is the media making it an issue when in fact it may not be an issue at all.

Personally I'm high on life so I don't need artificial stimulants cept for a wee dram from time to time for medicinal purposes.

I could use a dram right now, my boss is an insane idiot and a super fat violet too.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Another episode of sensationalizing a story. They emphasize the fact that there is an alcohol serving restaurant attached to a gun range. They don't mention the fact that a person can legally drink alcohol in any restaurant in the state while carrying, while this restaurant specifically forbids drinking while carrying.[/QUOTE]

Anyone could also have a drink or two at a bar down the street and then go to the range...

Do you think that it is OK to drink and carry? Why not? Why is it OK?
    WOULD YOU SHOOT THERE OR EAT/DRINK THERE?
    I am the Living Man

Regardless of whether or not its a bad idea, which it is. In the face of the modern media and current opinion of nearly half the country on gun ownership, its a stupid move and puts gun owners in a bad light...I refer you back to the link.

One more instance of something being legal, not necessarily good common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by knkali View Post
    Do you think that it is OK to drink and carry? Why not? Why is it OK?
    WOULD YOU SHOOT THERE OR EAT/DRINK THERE?
    NOT OK! It is a violation of the Oklahoma Self Defense Act to carry while under the influence.
    I would shoot there. I would eat there. I would not drink there because I generally do not drink.
    But, I would be the designated driver and they would have to lock up their weapons on the drive home.