Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I got glocked

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    No soul in any handgun? Blasphemy.

I gotta agree w/ the boss on this one. When I pick up any of my Kahrs, a friends Glock, a Sig...so both plastic and metal...I feel like I'm just picking up another tool out off the garage work bench. But I pick up my CZ (even though its a newer-fangled aluminum jobby), or a 1911, or a well broken in Vaquero, tuned Smith wheel gun. Now THOSE have soul and feeling. Those are a TRUE joy to shoot. Not that I don't enjoy shooting my tools, but the others are just epic if you ask me.

Went to our local indoor range as we had to go to town and I fired off a 100 rounds . Nice owners and employes but lighting sucks. Still managed to get to know the glock a little better. Shoots well but with the ammo I used centered about 2" low at 10 yards so I could at least keep a little bit of the aim point and all but a few fliers went into about a 2 " by 3" area. That's real good for me indoors here. Kind of like shooting 30 minutes after sundown with head lights on the target. Night night enough to bright in up. Next trip to the out door range I'll try the carry ammo and adjust the rear sight to that. Trigger pull is 5.6lbs and smooth after 112 rounds. Can't remember what a glocks trigger should feel like. Guess its good enough as it is. I will say it seems to be a flatter shooter than my 5" 1911 .

I'm glad your new toy worked out well. I have a similar gun but in 40. The G35. I'm not as big a fan of 40 as I used to be, but this one is pleasant to shoot. Once I get conversion barrels in 9mm (and poss 357 Sig) it will be quite versatile.

If I had not bought a tp40 it might have bought the g35 for a house /fun pistol. Now I carry my 40 all the time. Love it. My oldest daughter claimed my cw9 as hers as its been just sitting around for the last years and 1/2.

9mm and 357 sig barrel for your 35 will cover most any needs and cover any future ammo shortage well.

Not sure if I'll do anything to the glock or not. Seems to work well as is.

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    9mm and 357 sig barrel for your 35 will cover most any needs and cover any future ammo shortage well.
    I would probably go with the 9 conversion first. The 357 would be nice if I finally get back into handloading again. Ammo is pretty pricey and hard to find locally.

Even tho this thread is about "combat tupperware", there aren't enough pictures. Since I just got my old G27 cerakoted, I'll include my pair 'o guns here.

Great photo, I'll get my photo on here, probably later than sooner . My skills ,a, suck with a camera. I can't shoot smaller and softer cartridges thru mine so slower and light will be what I try for. See what it will run reliably with before changing spring rates.

I don't get emotionally attached to a Glock, but I sure do get pleasure from how easy it is to put rounds on target. Whether I'm shooting .40S&W or 9mm through the Glock 22 or .45ACP through the Glock 30S, there's really nothing to it. I don't have to work hard to get good groups, unlike shooting with some other pistols.

With that being said, I have always felt very attached to Kahr pistols.

Finally got around to getting a photo of my only glock.

Very nice.

These semi-long slide Glocks are among my favorites. I actually carry mine in the cooler months. Many people look at them and think they are so big. My G35 is basically the same length as a 1911 and a good bit lighter. Having 16 rounds (or 31 w/ a spare) of Gold Dot on tap is good.

Use the icon and paste the Direct link from Photobucket to show the photo here full-sized. I know that clicking on the "thumbnail" you posted will give the picture by taking you to the site.

Wynn

USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".