Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First Kahr

Default My First Kahr

I just got a new PM9 and found this forum. It's great to read all the positive feedback you guys have about your Kahrs. When my pistol was on order, I stumbled into another forum that was full of negative feedback about Kahr's and their customer service. I looked a little closer and found out it was only a couple of guys making all the noise.

I'm hoping to find the time send some rounds down range this week. I'll let you all know how it goes.

One question. Mine is a model PM9094NA. Anyone know what the "A" stands for?

Kahrdog

Don't worry about the Kahr bashers there are jerks like that on all sites that will bash one gun or another, I have seen Glock, Kel-Tec, S&W, all bashed on different sites. It's like the old Ford and Chevy thing. I did some checking and the A seems to go with the PM9 black slide regular sights and the NA that you have is the night sight model.
    Good luck with the new PM9.
    John

Haven't a clue on the "A" symbol thats a new one on me to.. U have a nice kahr coming, I can assure you of that. that blackened slide is super in looks and also wear..

Congratulations on your new purchase my friend. I bought mine in April of this year and haven`t had a bit of trouble from it. In my opinion,the Kahr PM9 sets the standard for concealibility,dependable service and stopping power in 9mm pocket pistols. When I bought it,I figured I`d use it as a bug,but I carry it practically all the time now as my primary gun. My carry ammo is 124 grain +P Remington Golden Sabers or Speer Gold Dot. Both are formiddable rounds for SD. Good luck and good shooting.
    In the area in which I now reside,when I`m placed in a group of four or five guys,I`m known as "the smart one".God help me.

Default good

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrich View Post
    Congratulations on your new purchase my friend. I bought mine in April of this year and haven`t had a bit of trouble from it. In my opinion,the Kahr PM9 sets the standard for concealibility,dependable service and stopping power in 9mm pocket pistols. When I bought it,I figured I`d use it as a bug,but I carry it practically all the time now as my primary gun. My carry ammo is 124 grain +P Remington Golden Sabers or Speer Gold Dot. Both are formiddable rounds for SD. Good luck and good shooting.
    round to shoot out of your PM9. Kahrs sights their guns in with 124 grain rounds. +10 on ur comments..

I bought my PM9 when they first came out (mine has a VAxxxx serial number). Never have had any problems with it, and it never has been back for the barrel recall that was announced right after my purchase.

Sweet little shooter & a fine carry piece.

Default Update

Thanks all, for the positive feedback. I just got back from a few week trip this weekend (Army trng.) and hoped to shoot some. The wife had other ideas. It's not what you're thinking, I cut the lawn Looks like I'll have to wait till Friday to break her in. Meanwhile I'll have to find some of the ammo you recommended. All they had in stock at Bass Pro was Win. white box 115 gr. FMJ. I bought a box of 50. I'll ck. Wally World and Cabelas.

I emailed the Kahr folks to find out what the "A" in PM9094NA stands for. I'll let you know when they respond.

Kahrdog

Hi Kahrdog,if you would like some good information on self defense ammunition,google Golden Loki.com and check out his ballistic geletin test results for 9mm. Several rounds did very well and the pistol he used had a 3.1 inch barrel so the difference in muzzle velocity from your Kahr should be negligible.
    In the area in which I now reside,when I`m placed in a group of four or five guys,I`m known as "the smart one".God help me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrich View Post
    Hi Kahrdog,if you would like some good information on self defense ammunition,google Golden Loki.com and check out his ballistic geletin test results for 9mm. Several rounds did very well and the pistol he used had a 3.1 inch barrel so the difference in muzzle velocity from your Kahr should be negligible.
    Dietrich, thanks for the advice. I'll go looking for that site. Sounds like you've done your homework! To tell the truth, I reluctantly decided on the 9MM. I was leaning toward the .40 S&W, but when I handled the pistol and saw how small it was, I figured the 9MM would be easier to shoot. The 9MM doesn't have a very good reputation in the Army, but the reason is the ball ammo we have to use due to the Geneva Convention. Personally, I'd like to see us switch to hollowpoints filled with pig lard. My brother helped convince me as well due to the advances in bullet design. After all, bullet placement is everything, and lot's of practice will take care of that. All in all, I think I made the right choice, both gun and caliber.

By the way, here's the response from Kahr Sales Dept re. the letter"A" in the model number:

Thomas,
    The "A" at the end of the model number doesnt really have any signifigance. Some models have it, some dont, I couldnt tell you why. You have meprolight night sights on that pistol. Those are the factory standard with a few exceptions of novaks. Thanks

Clayton Covel
    E-Commerce Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Kahrdog View Post
    I just got a new PM9 and found this forum. It's great to read all the positive feedback you guys have about your Kahrs. When my pistol was on order, I stumbled into another forum that was full of negative feedback about Kahr's and their customer service. I looked a little closer and found out it was only a couple of guys making all the noise.

I'm hoping to find the time send some rounds down range this week. I'll let you all know how it goes.

One question. Mine is a model PM9094NA. Anyone know what the "A" stands for?

Kahrdog
    My PM9 is a better shooting gun than my Glock G27, but it has less kick. People say anything will feed through a Glock, but I have found that my PM9 eating everything I feed it without a problem. You have a good gun there!!
    Ruger Super Single Six
    Dan Wesson 357 Mag Revolver, with 6" & 3" barrels
    Kahr P45
    S&W M&P 9mm w/CT Grip
    Kel-Tec P-3AT w/CT Laser
    Glock G27 w/CT Grip
    Kahr PM9094 w/CT Laser
    NRA Life Member