Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CT380 pocket Carry

Default CT380 pocket Carry

Title says it all. Anyone pocket -jacket, coat, jeans -carry the CT380?

Looking for a dedicated pocket carry 380. Not sure if I'd like the CW or CT, and how they'd recoil.

Thoughts/

I have the CW380. It pocket carries like nothing is there and I find it a soft shooter. Just bought and am selling and LCP II that is much less fun to shoot.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse View Post
    I have the CW380. It pocket carries like nothing is there and I find it a soft shooter. Just bought and am selling and LCP II that is much less fun to shoot.
    I have a BodyGuard 380. Not a very fun gun to shoot - but then no true pocket pistol is. I shoot it maybe once or twice a year to make sure it works. Need something I can practice with a little more and carry around more if I want. Even though the CW380 looks more like a pocket gun; I'd like some input on the CT380.

When looking for a new pocket carry I looked at the .380 Kahrs but instead went with the Beretta Pico. It's the same size but a bit thinner, a good quality for pocket guns. It has a DAO, hammer fired action, with a nice safe trigger. The gun feels a little odd in the hand but it shoots well, feels soft and has some good sights. You can also choose a laser integrated frame option if that's your desire. Beretta quality impressed me. So far it's been very reliable. A very nice pocket gun well worth a look.

With laser.

Without laser
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

I like the CT380 because the longer grip fits my hand better than the Ruger LCP and shoots way easier - but it is noticeably bigger. Pocket carry it comfortably every day in a Remora.

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by ceNex View Post
    Not sure if I'd like the CW or CT, and how they'd recoil.

Thoughts/
    OK, it sounded like you were looking for input on both.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonse View Post
    OK, it sounded like you were looking for input on both.
    That is correct. I have zero experience with the Kahr pistols. I've seen them in the display cases at various gun shops. So, yeah. I'll take input on both - but from what I see on YT videos, the CT380 might be better for me. And It would be perfect, if it was a pocket pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    When looking for a new pocket carry I looked at the .380 Kahrs but instead went with the Beretta Pico. It's the same size but a bit thinner, a good quality for pocket guns. It has a DAO, hammer fired action, with a nice safe trigger. The gun feels a little odd in the hand but it shoots well, feels soft and has some good sights. You can also choose a laser integrated frame option if that's your desire. Beretta quality impressed me. So far it's been very reliable. A very nice pocket gun well worth a look.

With laser.

Without laser
    Thanks. I hear reliability issues with this particular firearm. True?

Love my PX4 Storm.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ceNex View Post
    Thanks. I hear reliability issues with this particular firearm. True?

Love my PX4 Storm.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    No reliability issues in my experience after using every brand and type of ammo I had, (about 7 different ones). Beretta made several changes in 2015 and seems to have solved the original weak spots.

I looked at all the current offerings of small pocket guns and found the Pico had all of the features I wanted. It's a hammer fired DAO, which means I trust it more. It's the thinnest .380 currently available. I trust Beretta quality. It has good sights. Take down is really simple and fast. the interchangeable frames and the method that allows it is pretty cool. Beretta had a sale on the laser frame so I bought one to go with the non-laser frame the gun came with. It fits in a Remora pocket holster. After carrying a Seecamp for many years, the Beretta is a bit bigger but still small , especially compared to other .380s. I like it.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

I use an Uncle George's Wallet holster with my CW380. Perfect for pocket carry.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk