Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Mitch Rosen
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Yesterday at my local Scheels

Not Scheels but the LGS across the highway after nine days of trying to sell out of their shipment of 1000 boxes 50/count Blazer selling at $4.95/bx, they still have 432 boxes on their floor. At this rate it will take them two weeks to clear their shelves. Walk in sales only but as an RSO I have told dozens of customers about the bounty of 22lr ammo at that location which is about three miles from our range.
    I find this a bit odd.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Glad I bought most of this before the panic set in, but am reluctant to shoot any of it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Good you did before the panic. Your sitting on a gold mine and have a table full of rare you ain't gonna find this ammo.

Sure is a pretty picture.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have a long way to go before I am tempted to dip into what I call my 'strategic reserves', but i really enjoy reloading and not being able to readily get components ticks me off!!!!!
    robin

Dang Army, If I come out there and cut your grass this summer you think you might help a brother out with a little of your stash? 😎....I see you are in Round Rock Texas, I just bought a nice paddle holster for my M&P from American Leather Smith in Round Rock....Really nice, well made and great price and super nice folks right in your backyard 1005 Oakwood Blvd If you need a nice handmade holster check um out www.americanleathersmith.com

Heh, I have two sons and a DIL who are lusting after my stash, not to mention my two older brothers.

Y’know, the way things are going these days, they oughta give you a gun when you buy a box of ammo.

But thanks for that link, getsome... that address is almost in my neighborhood. I might check out what they could dress up a couple of my handguns in.
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Robin 101 View Post
    I have a long way to go before I am tempted to dip into what I call my 'strategic reserves', but i really enjoy reloading and not being able to readily get components ticks me off!!!!!
    robin
    That's me right there. All this panic stuff had me tumbling and cleaning all my brass in preparation to reload if I can ever find stuff.
    I have tons of bullets in 45, no much in 38/357 and zero 9 which I've never loaded for but have the dies and such. Have quite a few small pistol primers, some large but not alot and quite a bit of rifle primers but I don't load much rifle these days. I got a new tumbler than you run wet with soap and I love it, doubt I'll ever use my media tumbler again. I think I've done close to 10,000 cases in the last couple weeks, nothing like the looks of shiny brass to please my eye.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

My now-retired cop nephew has built up a considerable stash of .40 caliber ammo over the years,
    Seems that a lot of his fellow officers didn’t use very much of their issued practice ammo at their range - just enough to qualify once a year. So nephew, a pretty darn good BBQ cook, would trade them a couple of brisket or pulled pork sammiches for their unused boxes. As a result he accumulated between 5,000-6,000 rounds. He still has almost all of it that he’s saving for family members.
    -Rudyard Kipling

I've shot ammo that was close to 20 years old. With no issues. So long as it's kept in a dry place it should be good for a long, long time. Never know what the future holds, and that 5-6K stash could be worth it's weight in gold one day. Smart nephew you've got there.

Ammo now days should last near forever. I shot stuff in a 1911 and a M1 Carbine both bullets and guns that had been in the mags since Korea. It shot perfectly.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan