Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: September Sillies

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    What movie? I don't ever remember seeing that gang together.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Actually where my feet are I have squares. My foot center is on the peg, but my heel is sitting on a slightly smaller steel rod box so it can't slide off down or sideways. My feet won't fall off, actually have to work getting them out. Wife suggested we strap my feet but I don't like that idea. If I crash and burn I don't want to be strapped to the trike.
    It was supposedly very stable out of the box. Designed as a triangle and engineered etc. I wasn't fond of the single post the seat sat on and figured the shorter it was the stronger it would be. It didn't flex even up high so guess we're good there.
    I think when I get the bars lowered we'll be ok. Seems fall has arrived here suddenly. Rain and really cooled down so rides might be a bit fewer for awhile.
    Glad to hear you've already got foot support.
    I've set up my last few bikes so that they've essentially been EZ Boy chairs on wheels. I like leaning back against a backrest when I ride. And getting the bars closer keeps the dreaded neck ache from occurring. But what works for me is not necessarily what works for you. If you are comfortable with your set up that's the only thing that matters. Keep the shiny side up Colonel! When the weather allows you to ride again that is. The rain is very welcome right now, but like most Nor'westerners I'll be ready to complain about it after about three days.

Looking at the photo again, actually the main reason I had the wife take it, I see where your coming from. Would be nice to have the bars closer. I could mount the seat closer but kind of limited as I have to get my leg thru there to mount the beast.
    I may try to get another handle bar post to be safe and cut it or have it bent. The stem of the bars is very long, almost the full length of the fold down pipe it rides inside.
    I'll probably have to remove the lower end to get the bars out, so I don't have to disconnect all the stuff hanging on the bars. Work in progress.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

'Work in progress'
    Yep, and one of the reasons us guys who enjoy working with our hands or just figuring things out like the challenge of doing so. I'm sure you'll figure it out, and enjoy the great fun of riding it when you have the chance to ride it after having gotten it set up just as you like it!

Here is a fixer upper .....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Brings new meaning to the term, “Don’t touch the red button”……..

mooooooo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Brings new meaning to the term, “Don’t touch the red button”……..
    You guys remember the movie, "The Crawling Hand" from back in the early 60's? "Push the red button, push the red button".

I can't believe I didn't recognize the movie. I love that movie. A senior moment I guess. McQueen played some of the Germans riding the motorcycles to.

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    McQueen played some of the Germans riding the motorcycles to.
    There some real men in the movies back then. Too many sensitive girlie men in movies today.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/