Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K-40 Range Day

Thatís an even more impressive group with the .500 at that distance. I once had a .454 Casull. I could not hit the side of a barn with it, but it was still the funnest thing Iíve ever shot, or let others shoot.

One year I shot a deer at about 75 yards with the .500 clean kill and just dropped to its knees and fell. I only use iron sights on all my shooters.
    Just when you think you have it figured out the rules change.

Quote Originally Posted by HSparrow View Post
    One year I shot a deer at about 75 yards with the .500 clean kill and just dropped to its knees and fell. I only use iron sights on all my shooters.
    Iím sure that such hand cannons are as any other in that with practice one could become proficient. How oneís hands would hold up during the learning curve thoughÖ pain comes to mind. To get to the point where you could bag that deer at that distance, I know you had put more than few rounds through it in practice. Also, not a cheap endeavor given the price of each round.

True in most instances about the hand getting tired. I am small in stature and can put 50+ rounds through the BFR without any hand issues and can single hand it. I reload so ammo costs are not an issue compared to 60 bucks for 20 rounds in the store. I shoot it quite often with some loads up to 500 gr heads and that can be a hand full. I typically shoot 350 gr heads loaded they 46 grains of H110 and large magnum primers. I will be purchasing a BFR in 45/70 I shot one and it actually has less of a recoil than the .500. Probably the rifle powder is slower burning.
    Just when you think you have it figured out the rules change.