Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: S&W 3913 vs K9

Default S&W 3913 vs K9

Guy in my town selling a 3rd gen 3913 for a good price. Has a safety and can be carried DAO, which I guess means the safety is a decocker. Hefty pull on the 1st shot, but can be tweaked a little.

Anybody chime in on the comparison?

Cosmetically, look very similar. What attracts me to the Smith is the light single action trigger on follow shots.

S&W has really let the QC issue get out of hand. That being said, the older ones would be a great choice but the Kahr is still slimmer.

My brother in law has the small SW and my K9 is nicer.

I have both, I would take the Kahr K9 over a S&W 3913. The K9 feels better to me for a CCW gun. The trigger is better, and I shoot the K9 better.

I agree but oh my that 3913 is one hell of a gun. Although fo rme the model 39 was the start of it all. Illinois state police first semi auto.. back yonder.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

The 3913 is a great little pistol. I carried a 3953 (the DAO version) for many years. I gave it up, however, for the K9. The K9 is signicantly smaller and slimmer. The 3913 does have a great trigger and very nice ergonomics.

Quote Originally Posted by tomwalshco View Post
    Has a safety and can be carried DAO, which I guess means the safety is a decocker.
    The 3913 is not DAO and could only be converted to be so by a gunsmith. It is a DA/SA. The first shot is double action and each subsequent shot is SA. You could decock it between every round you fire, but I would definitely not consider that to be any form of DAO. If you want the DAO version, get the 3953 (which does have an incredibly smooth DAO trigger).

I love my K9 and would not switch back, but you can't go wrong with the 3913 or 3953. They are great little guns.
    Gonzo

I once had a 39 (not 39-2) with a BarSto barrel. Yes they made them for 39's back then. It was by far the most accurate 9mm I've ever shot.

Double action on those... and the 3913... are a bit tricky to adjust or smooth. There is a weird double hook arrangement on the drawbar that makes things like timing the hammer fall with firing pin unlock a bit tricky. Its not totally intuitive. I think Wolff still has a spring kit for it though.