Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cant get cw380 sights to move

Default Cant get cw380 sights to move

Can anyone please tell me the secret to get the rear sights on a cw380 to move. I tried everything and it wont budge. And for some reason it wasnt sighted in before it left the factory. I dont really need a novelty gun, i need it to shoot accurately. I would pay money to get the rear sight to move 2 mms to the right as its shooting to the left 1-2 inches at 10 yards. Instructions just say to move it one way or the other with non marring components. Idk y it has to be so hard. Its not like i can take it to a gunsmith or send it back to the factory. As it sits right now i wish i never would have bought it. What good is a gun with sights that dont work. I could have bought 2 ruger lcps for the price i paid... If i cant figure it out ill just sell it and buy one of those. im sure that the sights on those work because ive never had a gun that the sights dont work. Im really pissed off about this. Please help me even thought im sure theres nothing anyone can do to help. ill prolly just have to sell it and buy any other gun. i wish the ppl that designed it had thought about the sights before they decided to sell the stuff.

Default Cant get cw380 sights to move

Can anyone tell me the secret to getting the cw380 rear sight to move. Ive tried everything and im about to just give up, sell it and buy any other 380. I cant even get the sights to move let alone put new sights on. I wish i never bought this thing

With the slide facing away from you (muzzle end farthest away), are you trying to push the sight from left to right as you should?

Kahr sights can be extremely tight.
    Last edited by dao; 09-07-2019 at 05:46 PM.

After about 500 rounds the rear sight on my CT380 came completely loose. Needed Loctite to snug it up.

Are you using a sight pusher?

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

They can be very tight which usually is a good thing so you don't end up like David.

If you dont have a pusher which most of us don't, you need a rock solid padded vise. If your using a brass punch and not getting anywhere, tape up all around the sight and one layer of tape on the edge of the sight and switch to a steel punch, that should give a solider hit and get it to move.

Penetrating oil or a little heat added, not a lot of heat, heat gun.

Don't give up, it's worth it in the end.
    http://bawanna45.wix.com/bawannas-grip-emporium#!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

If you do get it out be sure to push the new one in from right to left, opposite of taking it out. But again with the muzzle end of the slide furthest away from you.

Quote Originally Posted by danm55 View Post
    Can anyone please tell me the secret to get the rear sights on a cw380 to move. I tried everything and it wont budge. And for some reason it wasnt sighted in before it left the factory. I dont really need a novelty gun, i need it to shoot accurately. I would pay money to get the rear sight to move 2 mms to the right as its shooting to the left 1-2 inches at 10 yards. Instructions just say to move it one way or the other with non marring components. Idk y it has to be so hard. Its not like i can take it to a gunsmith or send it back to the factory. As it sits right now i wish i never would have bought it. What good is a gun with sights that dont work. I could have bought 2 ruger lcps for the price i paid... If i cant figure it out ill just sell it and buy one of those. im sure that the sights on those work because ive never had a gun that the sights dont work. Im really pissed off about this. Please help me even thought im sure theres nothing anyone can do to help. ill prolly just have to sell it and buy any other gun. i wish the ppl that designed it had thought about the sights before they decided to sell the stuff.

Spend a 100$ anbuy a site pusher! Do it right An u diggtcwill still look new after u push it 200 times👍
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Time for a small dose of reality.

1-2" off at 10 yards is actually pretty good. We're talking about a tiny pocket pistol, not a target gun. It's an up close and personal self defense weapon. So close that you're likely to not even have time to align sights in a defensive encounter.

Those LCP's? They have rudimentary sights that don't even move. The Kahr 380 sights are MUCH better, and it'd be a miracle if you could be more accurate with an LCP.

If you've exhausted all attempts to get the sight to move with the tools you have, and using penetrating oil or heat, you're left with 3 options.

1- Buy the right tool(s) - ie a sight pusher. A rudimentary one is about $40 on Amazon.
    2- Take it to someone that has a sight pusher and/or experience moving/removing sights (gunsmith).
    3- Get rid of it and buy something else, and HOPE it's more accurate for you.

Thank you for all your responses. It is consistently shooting to the left so if i can move the sight to the right it will be perfect. i will prolly just buy a sight pusher. I hate rigging up my vise and clamping stuff and pounding with a brass punch. i already put a tiny nick in the sight so im mad about that. what sight pushers are the best? acn they be used for the cw380 and a full size pistol?