CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cant get cw380 sights to move

No different than any other brand. It's a machined fit, some are tight, some aren't.

Best of luck in your search.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I don't know where you did your research, but it was wrong. Multiple brands of pushers seem to have worked for people here, and some have used a punch. Yours may be tighter than average though. I tend to shoot low left with my Kahrs, but after being very careful with my trigger pull I discovered it was operator error, not the gun. Practice has all but eliminated it for me.

My Wheeler sight pusher was on the front porch when I got home tonight. I haven't pushed any sights around yet but so far I'm very impressed.
    Thing is twice as big as I expected and I can tell it's just gonna work like a champ.
    Wish I'd had one of these long ago and just blind hog luck it was even on sale.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I recently purchased an affordable NcStar universal pusher (VTUPRS) and used it to remove a Trijicon rear sight on my S9 that Kahr installed. I applied some wd40 prior to attempting to push the sight, btw. It took a little bit of torquing but it finally popped (released) and pushed right out.

When reinstalling the stock Kahr sight I did come of with a better way (IMHO) than using a hammer or tap. I simply pushed the sight in 1/4 of the way with my hand (acceptable) and then lightly tapped it on the top of a 4 x 4 post, as you would a hammer. The weight of the slide pushed the sight in easily and with no chance of scuffing or marring anything. I did wrap the slide/sight in painters tape first though for extra precaution. I only drove it till is was flush with the slide. I then re-installed it in the pusher and drove the sight the rest of the way.

I couldn't use the pusher initially for re-installation because the sight is angled and the pusher tended to push it downward. This would have put some stress on the frame so I opted to drive it in first. Tapping it on the 4 x 4 post was butter.

This is the first time I have ever replaced a sight and it went extremely smoothly. The NcStar pusher is quite heavy duty and comes in a nice vinyl case.

Ralph

The Wheeler tool is on Amazon for Cyber Monday at $110.06 (Prime)
    https://www.amazon.com/Wheeler-Engin...%2C269&sr=1-49
    There's also a "used, like new" one listed for $104.56 (Prime).
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    I don't know where you did your research, but it was wrong. Multiple brands of pushers seem to have worked for people here, and some have used a punch. Yours may be tighter than average though. I tend to shoot low left with my Kahrs, but after being very careful with my trigger pull I discovered it was operator error, not the gun. Practice has all but eliminated it for me.
    Same problem. My "operator" wants to squeeze the grip while pressing the trigger. Still happens when ammo prices keep me away from the range too long.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

I'm just going to throw this out there-for folks unaccustomed to a new trigger system (whether a striker fire like a Glock or the long-ish DA of a Kahr), the stereotypical issue is shooting low/left (for a right-handed shooter) until you learn it.

The OP may want to have a more experienced DA shooter check the gun and sights before even trying to adjust them; if they shoot POA=POI for the experienced shooter, the goal would be to learn the trigger until you're shooting POA=POI.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by DT Guy View Post
    I'm just going to throw this out there-for folks unaccustomed to a new trigger system (whether a striker fire like a Glock or the long-ish DA of a Kahr), the stereotypical issue is shooting low/left (for a right-handed shooter) until you learn it.

The OP may want to have a more experienced DA shooter check the gun and sights before even trying to adjust them; if they shoot POA=POI for the experienced shooter, the goal would be to learn the trigger until you're shooting POA=POI.

Larry
    Very good point indeed. Funny thing is, once you master the DAO the triggers do not seem long at all, at least not for myself. And also I am to the point that all I want are DAO Carry guns. A good DAO is smooth, controlled all the way through and deliberate. And Kahr sure makes a fine trigger.
    I posted on another thread that I used a "Universal too" I picked up on ebay for $49.00. Worked just fine. However if this capola of shortage were not here and I bought new guns, added sights etc. I most likely would get the Wheeler. But those days are over. I cannot imagine even thinking about a new gun. I started stashing before the 2013 shortage and have quite a bit of ammo especially in 9mm. But when that runs out there will, IMO not be any for years if at all. 380 firearm now, is IMO not a good buy if you are person that likes to train often which I do. I train often with the LCR22. A lot of rounds down range and really hones my DAO skills at low cost shooting.
    By the way, I used, My sight on one of the Kahrs was stubborn I sprayed it with "Blaster PB" and that sucker felt like it slid off.

My new laser trainer arrived today. "StrikeMan". Hopefully that will be a aid in training. I cringe ever time I shoot a box of ammo at the range, knowing I many not get another for a long time if at all.