Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CW45 Trigger is "dead"? Help needed!

Quote Originally Posted by OMCHamlin View Post
    Is the Kahr striker partially cocked with the trigger at rest, fully forward? I guess it must be.
    Correct. But from what I understand, the tension is on the striker spacer and not on the striker itself, which for me is not so understandable since the spacer rides in/against the striker itself.
    Ok... maybe this is something, maybe not, but analyzing your pics again, I see a slight difference in your cocking cam orientation vs mine, both in the shot where your trigger is at rest and when you have it pulled. The first pic is yours, with the trigger at rest. Look at your cam, then look at the second pic. In the second pic (mine) you’ll see yours looks canted a bit forward while mine is pretty much vertical. Could be the angle of the shot, but I tried my best to re-create your shot.

Now look at the third pic, which is with your trigger being pulled. Again, your cam appears to have a bit of an angle to it vs in the 4th pic (mine), where mine lays very flat, very in line with the ejector. Am I seeing things? When your trigger is pulled does your cam lay back very flat and in line with the same angle as your ejector? If I am correct, maybe your cocking cam has spun a bit on it’s pin? Maybe it’s little spring has wollowed out the little hole in the cam it rests in? Maybe that spring has lost its strength? Or is it broken? In the last pic, I’ve drawn an arrow to the little leg of the spring that goes into a little hole in the cam.
    28B4752F-ECAB-46AE-8E7F-BEE0765EF95F.jpg 29D61877-873F-456C-BB2E-6ED0584D1BD8.jpg
    9E68574D-22E9-48F4-AA9D-0AAE433F102C.jpgF910635A-8319-4192-A2F8-034BEF4D9F43.jpg
    4AE2DDDB-68BF-4A67-8B64-E8354B13BC71.jpg

In this thread, a guy was having issues with his cocking cam spring
    http://www.kahrtalk.com/archive/index.php/t-13973.html

Quote Originally Posted by topgun1953 View Post
    The recoil and striker springs do "compete" in a Kahr.
    Now that I think about that, his slide moving forward a bit would be removing some of the “compete” given by the recoil spring, possibly allowing a weak cocking cam spring to do it’s job without normal pressures it would experience when the slide is in the normal resting position.

Okay, I'm going to post a pic or two of this gun, internally. Prepare to be underwhelmed at my photography skilz...

[IMG][/IMG]

The slide is clean, dry and reassembled without issue, I am wondering about these surfaces, if they are causing the striker to slip past without any pickup at all. I did manage to get it to dry fire twice upon reassembly, but after that it would just start to pick up the striker and then slip by, resulting in a "dead trigger".
    Isn't that striker block supposed to be sitting higher in this picture? Is the spring on the bottom of it missing?

Go to the first pict in post #8. It appears there is a missing corner or some sort of beveled corner on one lobe of the cocking came. While I don’t own a CW45 but none of my PM’s have a “beveled “ corner on the lobe. Most of the cams are interchangeable, same part number.

Gosh, having read the cocking cam spring thread that Bird referenced, and the fact that I "thought " I had it fixed once only to find it was intermittent and has returned, I am finding myself on the fence about just saying screw it and buying a $25 label from Kahr and sending it in to them. Part of me loves a good chase, and this clearly is stacking up to be a "good chase", but the other part of me realizes this is not a range toy, this stays full of Rem Golden Sabres for serious matters.
    And Bird, YES, I do see the things you pointed out and thank you for going to all that trouble for me, I do appreciate it.
    As to "competing springs" theory, in a Glock, if you put a heavy trigger spring in (to lighten the trigger pull), coupled with a light striker spring, you CAN run into reset issues in a hurry. I thought this might be similar, but not, not exactly. Still, the stout recoil spring, and the striker spring, are both pushing their respective loads forward, right? So the spring in "competition" with the recoil and striker springs should be the cocking cam spring? Shouldn't it need enough "gusto" to be able to intercept the striker lug and keep hold of it while at rest, in order to keep the "ignition" chain intact when the trigger stroke is executed? It feels like it is slipping past something (the cocking cam tip?) very early in the trigger stroke.

Please try to read through my word goulash, sometimes I type in circles, but I am very interested in what the root cause is in this "issue"... Thanks all!

Oh, and the striker safety was down a hair, the striker was forward, trapping the safety in a lower position.

OH HECK! Check THIS out!; I was simply putting everything back together, I put the side plate back on, tightened it down just to that point before those threads might "think" about beginning to yield and cycled the action. Sure enough, dead trigger. BUT, I gingerly backed that retaining screw out and heard a subtle "click", and the trigger was "alive" again! "It's alive, ALIVE, I TELL YOU!"
    Hmm, well, now what? I'm not leaving that little fastener a turn backed out, but screwed all the way in, it clearly (and repeatedly) has an effect!

OH HECK! Check THIS out!; I was simply putting everything back together, I put the side plate back on, tightened it down just to that point before those threads might "think" about beginning to yield and cycled the action. Sure enough, dead trigger. BUT, I gingerly backed that retaining screw out and heard a subtle "click", and the trigger was "alive" again! "It's alive, ALIVE, I TELL YOU!"
    Hmm, well, now what? I'm not leaving that little fastener a turn backed out, but screwed all the way in, it clearly (and repeatedly) has an effect!
    So in one of my earlier replies, mentioning the side plate, I was thinking you could have too much room in there, allowing the trigger bar and spring to move around too much. It sounds like it was the opposite, with too much pressure on them. Too much pressure and the disco was not able to do it's job. So, are you good to go?

Quote Originally Posted by DJK11 View Post
    Go to the first pict in post #8. It appears there is a missing corner or some sort of beveled corner on one lobe of the cocking came. While I don’t own a CW45 but none of my PM’s have a “beveled “ corner on the lobe. Most of the cams are interchangeable, same part number.
    I thought the same at first, but then checked mine and it is the same as his.

Maybe a tiny o ring on your sideplate screw? Or, if me, I'd lightly clearance the back of the plate, or polish that side of the trigger bar or at minimum grease the bar where it slides against the plate. Did you by chance notice any trigger bar wear on the backside of the plate? I've owned budget mouse guns where trigger bars ran under the grips. Over tightening the grips and gun no worky!