Quote Originally Posted by tigman250 View Post
I am calling this a 100% fix for the FTF, extraction and out of battery stuff that was affecting my CW380. I have a couple hundred more rounds through it with ZERO failures of any kind.

here is a recap for those that don't care to wade through my previous babbling and in case I forgot to mention anything previously. The Fiocchi ammo would not run at all, probably 90% failure. The Remington was better but still had 10 maybe 20% failure. Because the problem was obviously ammo related I began measuring all the differences between all the 380 ammo I could get my hands on. The biggest thing I noticed was the Fiocchi rim was .015" thicker than all the other ammo, (I originally blamed the issue with short battery on the funny ring Fiocchi has rolled in the middle of their brass.....oops) I began to hand cycle the different rounds through the gun and realized the problem was really with all ammo and it occurred when the round was trying to slide up under the extractor, so I turned my attention to it and it's components. I then noticed that even when you forced the slide closed on a Fiocchi the extractor stuck out farther than on other brands of ammo (this is when I started measuring rim thickness) the extractor was not able to get a hold on the brass because it was too thick, this defiantly explained why the gun would not extract Fiocchi ammo LOL! Because the extractor was so tight to the breech face the round didn't have enough room to tip up behind it out of the mag creating a binding situation which explains the difficulty getting it into battery. By removing the .015" off of the extractor pin that allowed the extractor .015" more clearance between it and the breech face giving even the chubby Fiocchi the room it needs to tip up and allow the gun to complete it's cycle trouble free. Hope this info is able to help someone else out!
I used the search box for "return to battery and found this thread. I could not of hoped to find a better post than this. I am having the exact same problems with my CW380 including the Fiocchi business. I read this whole thread yesterday then ordered a new extractor, rods and spring from Kahr. When they get here I am going to follow your instructions and grind the post on the extractor. Sounds like an easy fix. Thanks for sharing. You have to be pretty pistol wise to see stuff like that.